FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Version 4.5.6.22 was installed on 22 August. My problem that neither of my two Chromecast devices showed consistently on my network. Both the

Chromecast Audio and TV now show on the network. Thank youy.

Questions remains if this situation will be stable over time
and if connections might be lost during casting.
I've Been Here Awhile

@Datalink You say in your response "You will unfortunately have to reset all of the parameters."   What parameters?  Reset to what?  Unfortunately, I am not a technician and have limited knowledge of routers and their settings.  What impact will these settings have on other devices on the wifi network?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dh5959 that will include any port forwarding / port triggering rules, access rules, wifi network names, passphrases, security settings etc, etc.  Basically any setting or parameter that can be specified by the end user will be reset back to the default settings.  So, once the factory reset is complete, you will have to go thru all of those settings/parameters and reset them to your preferred settings.  If you were running a factory reset to the same firmware version then you could create a backup file using the ADMIN .... BACKUP page .... Backup function to create that file somewhere on your pc.  Then when the factory reset is complete, log back into the modem, navigate back to that page and use the Restore function to reset all of the previous parameters.  Reboot the modem or router and you're set to go. 

If you're modem or router is going from a previous firmware version to a new firmware version, I don't recommend doing this.  It might work properly, and then again, it might not.  It depends on what changes have been made to the firmware, which could include changes to the internal addressing in the parameters data.

This also includes any occasion where you feel that your modem or router has been hacked.  In that case you would run a factory reset and set all of the settings/parameters manually, to prevent the possibility of loading any data from the existing backup file that might have been changed without your knowledge.  When that manual parameter reset has been done, you would then delete any previous backup files and create a new backup file.  

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I'm on 4.5.8.22 and over the past few weeks I've noticed that the internet goes down randomly. After it goes back up, I check the DOCSIS event logs and I always see this message: Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;

Does anybody know why this happens? It doesn't seem to update my modem's firmware, it only takes down the Internet for no reason.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks @Datalink.  I haven't changed anything on my modem, however I think a Rogers technician may have while we were going through the troubleshooting phase for the initial problem of Chromecast not being visible on the network.  I will try this and hope it makes a difference.  Thanks again!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As long as you have V4.5.8.22 loaded, as indicated on the STATUS page of the modem, you should be good to go after the reset.  Problems can arise when the modem is moving from something like 4.4.8.14 to 4.5.8.22, as could be the case with a newly acquired CGN3ACSMR.  In that situation, a factory reset should be done after the update to ensure that the modem is completely updated.  Moving from .21 to .22 isn't that much of a leap.  Fwiw, I usually run a factory reset after every update.  

I've Been Here Awhile

hi,

After installing the software on my mac, it asks for registration license.

how do I obtain one?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hey,

It's been a few weeks and I was wondering if any progress was made with Latency issues/CASA CMTS.

I've Been Around

IT professional here! Can't believe how difficult this process was (n).

I was even told it would be pushed to my router in 24-78 hours, and that was 4 days ago.  Asking people to go into a forum, locate a "women", then send 4-5 messages back exchanging information - is BACKWARDS.

You could make this process a lot more easier and a lot more time consuming.

If you actually read these things - my update still hasn't arrived.

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @MichaelGoi,

Thank you for getting back to us.  I've reviewed your submission, according to our records, the information you provided did not match our files.  However, I've gone ahead and corrected it for you and re-submitted your request.

Cheers,

RogersCilio