FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Okay, when you start the browser, type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, no http, or www, just the IP address.

That should bring you to the easyconnect login page where you set the modem and wifi password (all in one).  When that has been done, the next time that you go to that same address, it will present the usual login page.

If you bring up a command prompt and type in:   ipconfig     look at the default gateway address, which should be 192.168.0.1.   That should confirm that the 192.168.0.1 address should be used for the login page. 

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Datalink and RogersDave,

I've successfully connected to the modem. (I'm using my cellphone and another laptop)

Turns out it was an issue on my first laptop. I've getting "proxy server refusing connections" (i'll check this laptop later) in case you you know this issue. please let me know. I'll google for the answer later tonight.

I'm so sorry for all the mistakes I made.

There is no issue on the modem in the first place Smiley Happy

I'll provide feedback later on this new build. 

Thanks !!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No worries, its all good.  For the first laptop, drill down into the wifi adapter settings and check the TCP/IPv4 address setting.  It should be configured to "Obtain an IP address Automatically"  For the web browser itself, check the web browser proxy settings.  It should be set to "Use System Proxy Settings".

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not clear if this is a .21 issue specifically or with the modem.

Under Basic -> Connected Devices, I do not see all of my wireless connected devices listed.

As an example, I have a wireless camera and I had to guess what its IP address is so that I could log onto it.

I Plan to Stick Around

I had this problem. It needed a factory reset before the output showed correctly. I don't know if it's being dynamically updated however.
I Plan to Stick Around

@zardoz99 wrote:
I had this problem. It needed a factory reset before the output showed correctly. I don't know if it's being dynamically updated however.

I did do a factory reset 2 days ago, and just noticed the problem yesterday.

I'm Here A Lot

For some reason on the FF browser, I've set to "No Proxy" and chrome to "Automatic detect settings"

I'm now able to access to the internet.

So, far the modem is working good. Will see whether there is a disconnection after 5--7 days.

Thanks again for all the help!

Network Architect
Network Architect

Good afternoon Community,

We have been working behind the scenes on incorporating some of the feedback provided by all of you as part of this firmware trial program. At this point, we will be starting the deployment of the firmware 4.5.8.21 in production in the next couple of days.

We have also received the first iteration of the next firmware 4.5.8.22 which includes a fix for Chromecast and Bonjour issues. Aside from this fix, the firmware is identical to 4.5.8.21. All firmware trial participants will be receiving the new firmware in the next 24 hours.

In the next coming weeks, we will be receiving incremental builds of the 4.5.8.22 firmware which should include additional corrections for problems reported by the community.

Thanks to all for your participation in this program and keep the feedback coming!

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

Just came across a small issue with turning the individual radios on and off.  Seems that toggling either radio from on to off temporarily disconnects the other radio.  I tried this using two machines side by side. One on the 2.4Ghz band and the other on the 5Ghz band.  When I turned the radio off on the 2.4Ghz band, the other machine on the 5Ghz band momentarily lost association with the AP.

I Plan to Stick Around

Got it here: 2016-06-21_15-47-02.png

12 06/21/16 14:37:55 69010100 notice SW Download INIT - Via NMS
13 06/21/16 14:54:52 82000200 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC
14 06/21/16 15:14:40 69010400 error SW Upgrade Failed Before Download - Server not Present
15 06/21/16 15:14:40 69010600 error SW upgrade Failed before download - TFTP Max Retry Exceeded
16 06/21/16 15:19:40 82000200 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC
17 06/21/16 15:26:50 69010100 notice SW Download INIT - Via NMS
18 06/21/16 15:56:42 69011100 notice SW download Successful - Via NMS

Also I would like to complain about logging on to this Community it's such a pain....... and I visit a few Lithuim software based Communities without these issues. Smiley Frustrated

Daniel 

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security