CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

I'm guessing that the other images might contain your IP address, therefore the moderator didn't approve them. What are you seeing for speeds from the modem, and then thru the router?  I'm assuming that they are run with ethernet connections in both cases. 

I Plan to Stick Around

yes cat 6

direct was 794/20

after testing with Asus factory reset Nat Auto 279/13

I Plan to Stick Around

14N wrote:

RogersDave wrote:

Issues getting an IP in bridge mode

We have been able to reproduce this on D-Link routers. It is an bug in the D-Link firmware (DD-WRT doesn’t have the bug) but we are looking at ways to mitigate it from the modem side.

If this issue occurs routers other than D-Link, let me know as I’ll need to investigate further.

Please check also TP-Link router, all users with TP-Link C2600 have this issue. If it is due to router's firmware then why is there is no issue with the previous modem in bridge mode and no issue with CODA if not in bridge mode? It's like there is a conflict when CODA is set to bridge mode.

also does the internet speed only half the speed if router is flashed with OpenWRT?

Thanks 

As for the DHCP issue from the modem, this could indeed be a firmware issue, on either side. But the "the internet speed only half the speed if router is flashed with OpenWRT" is because Openwrt and DD-WRT do not support Hardware NAt in any way at all, and because of this your router is crippledwhen it comes to WAN-LAN transactions and even LAN-LAN transactions, hence the speed decrease. 

I Plan to Stick Around

ok so what router can i get that will work with the CODA rogers to allow me to get consistent speeds from what i get directly with the Rogers CODA?

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDaveI fail miserably at bufferbloat. I feel that is the reason I am doing bad at testmynet and speedof.me and when downloading files.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/8450900

I Plan to Stick Around

Wooo Iv've never seen BB that high before.  are you behind a third party router or using the modem its self? 

Am i reading that right in the thousands? I thought DSL Reports just gave up after about 600ms BB

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm surprised that the speed thru the router is that low, especially given the download results out of the modem.  The modem is running in Bridge mode correct.  Stupid question, just want to be sure.  

I'm going to have to think about that 87U and see what I can find.  It should be able to keep up with the modem, but I'll have to do some searching.  

As far as a router, that depends on what you are looking for, a stand alone firewall/router plus wifi access point, or a consumer class router similar in nature to the 87U.  I would recommend anyone to think about a Pfsense router, but, not go low end.  There is definitely a learning curve there.  You can build our own pc and install Pfsense or even Opensense.  For a consumer class router, restrict your search to Asus routers that have 1.7 Ghz processors, then consider routers with 1.4 Ghz processors.  The AiProtection kills IPV6 datarates due to the packet scanning, so, processor speed is important.  There are trade-offs in deciding which way to go.  A Pfsense/Opensense firewall/router built on the right cpu will offer security and years of service.  The consumer class adds wifi all in one box but, the CPU probably won't keep up to the data rates and offer the protection you might be looking for.  So, there is some food for thought to consider.  I haven't been router shopping recently so I'll have to see whats up in the Asus router line. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes please get back with a suggestion
I Plan to Stick Around

I am using Rogers CODA modem itself.

Sadly, this 'F' is the norm for me for the past month. Sometimes, I do manage to get D. But, mostly, it's 'F'. Actually, many times I manage to pass 10,000ms. Yes, you read that right.
Network Architect
Network Architect

Hybrid_Noodle wrote:

@RogersDave There may be an issue with the Rogers Home Monitoring router (Netgear WNR2000v5) getting an IP address while the CODA is in bridge mode as after the .19 firmware push it appears as though the router has lost connectivity to the outside world.

@Hybrid_Noodle, Thanks I will have this tested.

gp-se wrote:
In terms of the exchange program for users with the interference issue, how will those users know they are affected?
Is there a certain batch of serial numbers that are known to have the issue? I ask because I'm curious if my modem is affected and would need to be exchanged once the program launches.

@gp-se, I am not sure of what the communication channel will be all the way to the end-user but I will provide a list of affected modems to our product management team. They then could e-mail, call or send letters to affected users. The newer modems will have a distinctive mark on them as well so they will be easy to flag in store, at the warehouse and for end-users.

Wizerobe wrote:

I had the 250Mbps package hooked up yesterday (wednesday Jan 4th) and even up until this morning I had an average speedtest of 330Mbps, though as of tonight, I've been stuck at 5-10Mbps Down.

@Wizerobe, Can you send me a private message with you MAC address so I can have a look? Did you reboot your modem at least once after the upgrade to 2.0.10.19?

14N wrote:

RogersDave wrote:

Issues getting an IP in bridge mode

Please check also TP-Link router, all users with TP-Link C2600 have this issue.

@14N, Noted.

prateeck7 wrote:

@RogersDaveI fail miserably at bufferbloat. I feel that is the reason I am doing bad at testmynet and speedof.me and when downloading files.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/8450900

@prateeck7, I know this has been an issue for you for a while and I will be looking at your modem today. I needed additional tools which I was able to build only yesterday to investigate your case further.

Dave

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.