CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Hello dave, i am currently using the coda 4582 but i am not receiving the new firmware. Can you please push it to my router?
I Plan to Stick Around

What plan are you on? Odd that you only have 8 channels connected (or did you just cut the other ones out?), yet DOCSIS 3.1.

The problem might be on your computer -- when you're getting the problem, try using nslookup and check to see what the DNS is returning.

Network Architect
Network Architect

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

Firmware will be ready in 2 weeks, but do you know when trial participants will be able to beta test .27? I can't wait to give that a shot.

I may not have been 100% clear on this one. I'm hoping to have the firmware 2.0.10.27 to deploy to trial participants in the next 2 weeks. Deployment to general modem population should come after once we are done with our internal testing and community testing.

@Aduly1998 wrote:
Hello dave, i am currently using the coda 4582 but i am not receiving the new firmware. Can you please push it to my router?

@Aduly1998, The current production firmware is 2.0.10.24. If you are interested in being part of the firmware trial program, send a private message to @CommunityHelps including your modem MAC address and serial number. They will send you further instructions.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink

Appreciate the information.

I've swapped my CODA 4 times in the past 2 weeks, each to one with a black dot.  The latest tech guy mentioned one with two black dots but when I went to the store to exchange they said they didn't have any but the ones they did have (1 black dot) were the latest build.

I'll get on the line with tech support and start this process and get back to you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@belowme, if you have already had a tech visit and still have the situation where you are missing the majority of DOCSIS 3.0 channels, when you are chatting with tech support to arrange a tech visit, request a senior tech.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Datalink 

Chatting with support now. They say I do have all DOCSIS 3.0 channels. 
I might have copied/pasted incorrectly.

Anything else I can provide that may hint at an issue?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, can you copy and paste the Downstream and upstream tables again.  Lets see if they paste in completely. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave

Indeed I did misunderstood the 2 weeks, but not it's cyrstal clear, Thanks Dave!

I Plan to Stick Around

same here I get disconnected from the internet whenever i get these logs. Called tech to check signal level and he said everything is good.  Modem is in bridge mode. Today I got disconnected after 4 days. Is this normal?

The DOCSIS event logs is shown here

No.TimeTypePriorityEvent
104/07/2017 17:00:5182000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
204/07/2017 17:00:5282000300criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
304/07/2017 17:00:5282000600criticalUnicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
404/07/2017 17:00:5382000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
504/07/2017 17:00:5382000300criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
I'm Here A Lot

My only issue with this modem so far is random reboot.

On firmware .24 available to general public.

Got it installed satureday. It rebooted the same day once. Then it rebooted Tuesday early in the morning. Now it rebooted Friday afternoon.