CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Had a similar issue with a printer which wouldn't connect. Found out that it would connect without issue on the 2.4G band. Is your CODA setup to accept 2.4G connections? Have you allowed g/n mixed mode? Hope it works.....

I've Been Here Awhile

I've switched my modem 3 times already, spoken to technical support varies times. Even have an interaction number after I've escalated the issue, which I receive a call about every week. Technical Support and even the Hitron Engineer still cannot pin point the root cause. Hopefully you guys can give me some ideas, since this issues is almost at 3 months long.

Has anyone faced issues with not connecting to ipv4 sites (ipv6 sites work perfectly fine) on devices wired or wirelessly connected to the Hitron CODA-4582 Router (FW: 33T3)?

We've tried the following...

1. Technician onsite to check signal
  2. Changed Router 3 times (issue first raised with AC Router) 
  3. Factory Reset several hundred times
  4. Upgraded Firmware to newer version and older version
  5. Disabled IPV6
  6. Re-allocated connected devices between 2.4 vs. 5
  7. Removed all wireless devices and test with wired devices (and vice versa)
  8. Tested with only 1 wired or wireless device

I've ran an ipv6-test.com test and its unable to connect to ipv4 "unsupported" on one device but successful on another device.  For any device that fails it states that the DNS6 + IP4 is unreachable.

Hope you guys have an insight to resolve this issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

Have you tried going back to a non CODA modem. I had VERY poor support from Rogers on the CODA, so went to an older modeland the problems went away
I Plan to Stick Around

So tried other wifi access points and get same error code. Guess it is going back to Samsung.
I've Been Here Awhile

The issue started with the older modem first Advanced Wi-Fi (black modem) which i had for 3 years, then I went to the CODA modem.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RV78 wrote:

I've switched my modem 3 times already, spoken to technical support varies times. Even have an interaction number after I've escalated the issue, which I receive a call about every week. Technical Support and even the Hitron Engineer still cannot pin point the root cause. Hopefully you guys can give me some ideas, since this issues is almost at 3 months long.

Has anyone faced issues with not connecting to ipv4 sites (ipv6 sites work perfectly fine) on devices wired or wirelessly connected to the Hitron CODA-4582 Router (FW: 33T3)?

We've tried the following...

1. Technician onsite to check signal
  2. Changed Router 3 times (issue first raised with AC Router) 
  3. Factory Reset several hundred times
  4. Upgraded Firmware to newer version and older version
  5. Disabled IPV6
  6. Re-allocated connected devices between 2.4 vs. 5
  7. Removed all wireless devices and test with wired devices (and vice versa)
  8. Tested with only 1 wired or wireless device

I've ran an ipv6-test.com test and its unable to connect to ipv4 "unsupported" on one device but successful on another device.  For any device that fails it states that the DNS6 + IP4 is unreachable.

Hope you guys have an insight to resolve this issue.

@RV78

What device are you using that is giving you this issue? When the technician comes, does his laptop have the same error? 

The fact that two completely different models of modems, with various different firmwares show this issue leads me to believe it's not a modem issue.

If you are getting this issue with just one computer, I'm inclined to believe the issue is in your computer. However is multiple devices, including the technicians laptop show this issue, then I think it's a CMTS configuration issue in your area. You would need to ask @RogersDave to have a look at the CMTS configuration.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sticks84 wrote:
Everything was working fine with 28T2 firmware, never lost connection. Losing connection now at least once a day on 33T3.

@Sticks84

You could perform a factory reset on your modem to go back to production firmware 28T2 if the connection drops are causing your trouble. Keep in mind you will need to set everything back up from scratch (WiFi, Passwords, etc.)

To perform a factory reset: use a pen tip or similar to press and hold the reset button on the back of the modem for 15 seconds then release. The modem will reboot and you'll have to set everything back up from scratch.

I've Been Here Awhile

Multiple devices are having the same issue, below are the list of devices...

• Android Phones (S8 & Pixel 2 XL)
  • iPhone (6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus)
  • Chromecast
  • Chromecast Audio
  • Home mini
  • Samsumg TV
  • PS4
  • Nest Thermostat
  • PC Laptop
  • Macbook

*not all devices are connected at the same time

These devices fully connect the modem and during use the ipv4 connection drops, may come back automatically or after a modem reboot. (devices are less than 5 years)

Technician never used their own Laptop to conduct any tests.

@RogersDave how would I look at the CMTS configuration to confirm if its correct? Shouldn't a factory reset default this configuration?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RV78 wrote:

Technician never used their own Laptop to conduct any tests.

@RogersDave how would I look at the CMTS configuration to confirm if its correct? Shouldn't a factory reset default this configuration?

@RV78

You cannot view the CMTS configuration, only a Rogers network engineer has access to that.

I'm leaning towards that, because you've had multiple modems and multiple devices with this issue.

I've Been Here Awhile

CODA-4582 Not working with Netgear Orbi

So I've done a lot of research, and reading this forum...I have noticed that D-Link routers have had issues with CODA-4582 as far as Internet connections.

Let me say this first....I have been running this Gateway in Bridge Mode for months with my Asus router...No issues....

Today, I decided to try out the Netgear Orbi AC3000.  The reason for the purchase, is I wanted better 5 Ghz coverage over all floors of my home, and to give mesh-WiFi a shot.

Long story short, I could not get the CODA 4582 to send Internet to my Orbi router.  I tried to reset the Gateway numerous times, as well as the Netgear, and same result.  I even put the CODA 4582 into Gateway mode, and then into Bridge mode again...Same result.

Finally, I plugged my Asus router back in, INTERNET NO PROBLEM!!!!!

Can anyone shed some light on what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance!!