CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

24hrs and no speed degradation yet.

Will post back if it starts showing signs.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well whatever else the new firmware might have done, it did NOT resolve the issue I am having ...  I received an automated message yesterday afternoon that the Case intitated by my first call regarding my issue, had now been resolved.  I will be back in touch today to advise that is NOT the reality.

I've Been Here Awhile

My router has updated and now it's worse. No effect on the weird problem of fileshares being wifi-inaccessible, and now the router's web interface will not display connected devices. In fact it boots me out if I try to list connected wireless devices. 

Internet via wifi is also slow. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDaveare we sure that IPv6 is disabled on the new modems? Friend who is using the CODA on .19 firmware is getting a native IPv6 address and has had it for a while now.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RyzenFX, My firmware did upgrade to the .19 version, but I'm still having the same issue with the wifi.

Ran another speed test this morning after the udpate, and i'm getting 280 mbps download on the gigabit package :/

I'm a Reliable Contributor

HeWhoDies wrote:

@eddiethefunnyon, My firmware did upgrade to the .19 version, but I'm still having the same issue with the wifi.

Ran another speed test this morning after the udpate, and i'm getting 280 mbps download on the gigabit package :/

@HeWhoDies I'm assuming that the speedtest was done on the 5GHz band and you are geting 280Mbps on it right? If you don't mind, I would want you to log into the modem and under the STATUS tab, click into the Wireless tab which is located beisde the DOCSIS Event tab. Once you are in the Wireless tab, underneath the 5 GHz Wireless Status, I would like you to tell me what wireless channel it is using. It should say something like Auto(36).

The reason why I ask you this is because if the 5GHz band is on a lower channel, it will force it to use less power, thus you will receive less speed. 

I Plan to Stick Around

For the past 5 or 6 days I am getting 930+Mbps/ 30+Mbps in Ookla spped test. Ping is 3ms to 8ms on a consistent basis. My ranking is 3rd to 5th in every speedtest's speed wave I participate. I am one of those 99% who have faster internet download than all Canadians (95% globally).

Problem? Well that is not my actual real speed. Yesterday, I downloaded files from a private server  which can push maximum speed. Maximum speed I was getting on my side was 8 MegaByte per second same as suggested in Testmynet. Uploading 22MB images to facebook took soooo long. Also, BufferBloat is 4000+ms. It's not surprising to se 10000+ms. At DSL reports I fail at bufferbloat and my internet is graded C-D.

But Rogers ain't helping me anymore because Ookla says my internet is terrific. They don't want to look at what I am experiencing here.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RyzenFX

Yes, this was on 5ghz,  2.4ghz is a joke right now.  I'm not even getting 100 mbps on that.

I toggled between the channels on both band, and still no improvement.

I had it set to Auto on the 5ghz,  changed it to the higher channel range where it went to  149 and it tested at 275 mbps download.

Here's the log

Wireless Status
This menu displays the current wireless status

2.4 GHz Wireless Status
Wireless Status (2.4 GHz) ON
Wireless Mode (2.4 GHz) 802.11 g/n Mixed
Wireless Channel (2.4 GHz) Auto(6)
5 GHz Wireless Status
Wireless Status (5 GHz) ON
Wireless Mode (5 GHz) 802.11 a/n/ac Mixed
Wireless Channel (5 GHz) 149

Network Architect
Network Architect

Aside from the issues identified in the first post, there are improvement planned and the WiFi speed is definitely one of them. I expect this to come in either 2.0.10.21 or 2.0.10.22.

Dave

Network Architect
Network Architect

I am now ready to resume the firmware trial program for the CODA-4582 device and upgrade participants to 2.0.10.20.

If you were previously a trial participants and only swapped your modem, I should have picked up your new MAC automatically and no further action is required.

If you want to be part of the trial program, follow the instructions in the trial program thread.

Dave

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.