CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Just switched to the CODA modem (huge mistake).  Speeds went from 850Mbps to less than 20Mbps.  Turning of 2.4GHz Wifi does nothing.

The firmware on my modem is 2.0.10.13

Any advice as I don't want to go back to the old modem that I returned and set everything up again

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@vcasiero80 

After installing the CODA and running the speedtest, have you considered rebooting the modem and the computer you are running the speed tests on? I would advise you to do so as some people have encountered this issue and a reboot of the modem and computer have solved the issue.

Also, since you have just switched to the CODA modem, I would wait 1-2 days for the modem to be updated to 2.0.10.19, as it is the version being destributed network-wide. Once you receive this version, I would again reccomend rebooting the modem just to make sure you won't be getting slow speeds. With this version, you should see you speeds around 850Mbps you were seeing before. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I just got the CODA-4582 today after ugprading to the gigabit connection.  Firmware version:2.0.10.13

The post mentions issues with the 2.4ghz wifi in terms of speed.  Is there an issue with the 5ghz as well?

I'm testing at 900+ mbps download over Ethernet, but over wifi,  I'm lucky if I get 300 mbps.  That is on both the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz on mutiple devices. 

I previously had the CGN3-ACR and was getting 350 mbps download speed on 5ghz on a 250 mbps package.

Nothing has changed other than the router itself and the package.   Its installed in the same location as the previous one.

So whats up with the wifi on this thing?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@HeWhoDies

I would wait 1-2 days for the modem to be updated overnight to the network-wide version 2.0.10.19- to be honest 2.0.10.13 isn't a good firmware version.

2.0.10.19 contains enhancements for both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band which should increase the range and the speed on those bands. There have been some users affected by the 2.4GHz issue, but this firmware also includes a fix which reduces the effects of the issue as noted on the firmware notes: 

2.0.10.19 (December 28, 2016) *

• Minor change to internal management interface (not visible to customers)
  • Update to WiFi interference mitigation fix

If you are curious of what has changed from 2.0.10.13 to 2.0.10.19, I would suggest checking out the second post on the Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial.

I Plan to Stick Around

HeWhoDies wrote:

I just got the CODA-4582 today after ugprading to the gigabit connection.  Firmware version:2.0.10.13

The post mentions issues with the 2.4ghz wifi in terms of speed.  Is there an issue with the 5ghz as well?

I'm testing at 900+ mbps download over Ethernet, but over wifi,  I'm lucky if I get 300 mbps.  That is on both the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz on mutiple devices. 

I previously had the CGN3-ACR and was getting 350 mbps download speed on 5ghz on a 250 mbps package.

Nothing has changed other than the router itself and the package.   Its installed in the same location as the previous one.

So whats up with the wifi on this thing?

What kind of wireless card do you have? 300-350 may be expected depending on the card and what it supports. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I am getting so fed up of this Rogers GIG garbage.  Since I signed up Oct 31 I have never had any speed consistently over 700.  700 seems to be the max for me.  I am having  3rd Technician come over tomorrow to check whicht the IT Support says he sees an issue but only the technician can solve it. 

Why when I connect my Rogers CODA bridge to my Asus 2400 goes from 700mbps to 350-400 I will have to call Asus to figure that out as even with a factory reset NAT on and minimal settings, it cuts the speed in half.

Also the CODA for whatever reason my media players and devices throughout the network, I cannot see or play anything when I am using the CODA as a gateway and not bridge mode.  Very frustrating.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have at Killer 1435 802.11ac, its rated for 800+, and over gigabit if used with wifi. 

Point still remains that I'm getting slower speed over wifi with this router than I did with the CGN3 that I previously had. 

I'm Here A Lot

Posted in the othe thread the other day, but haven't got a reply so I'll post here.  Had gigabit installed last tuesday, upgraded from 250u to gigabit.  250u was solid and stable 320/20 all the time.  Now with gigabit, can barely get over 300 down, and any more than 5 up.   The first day it was installed I was getting 600-700 down and 10 up.  Modem updated to .19 firmware and hasn't been so great ever since.  Tested connected directly to modem, all cat6 cabling.  Speeds are the same after a reboot.

all these were within 10 minutes of each other this evening.

speedtest2.jpg

Speedtest3.jpg

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5952792053.png http://www.speedtest.net/result/5952794248.png

Getting frustrated with this, any help would be appreciated.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave I had my 2nd random reboot of the modem in the past few days. I looked at the logs and nothing showed for the time it restarted. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I've also been experiancing issues,

I'm supposed to be 250/20 but on my previous Rocket modem I would easily get 330/20. I can't even use my chromecast at the moment.

pingtest.net test

rogers.com/speedtest

mtr to google test

Screenshot from 2017-01-09 23-12-22.png

major jitter

Screenshot from 2017-01-09 23-09-37.png