CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RogersDave Awesome, just got 2.0.10.20 now.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave Looks like bufferbloat is still an issue. Massive lag spikes when downloading. https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/8694346 but my speeds have returned will have to test laster tonight during peak hours.

Network Architect
Network Architect

@LSTA@mikeepolmic@Dragus@traghipp@hood

All of you reported experiencing speed degradation over time (somewhere between 30 minutes to 12 hours). One question asked by Hitron is if this degradation occurs only using a Wired connection or if it occurs on both WiFi and Wired?

Also, did any of you run firmware version 2.0.10.13 or 2.0.10.14 for a couple of days without experiencing this issue (was it introduced by 2.0.10.19)?

Thanks

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

.13 .14 .19 all had slower speeds then the previous gigabit modem I had. I always ran in bridge mode with a Asus RT-AC87U and all cat6a cabling.

.19 was the one that dropped my speeds down the lowest compared to the other firmwares. Line to home is perfect with all new lines to outside box located on the next property to me.

If this is something that is an on going issue Rogers needs to take a side on discontinuing the service or pulling it back till it's proven reliable.

My next step tomorrow is with the office of the president and the CRTC.

I think we all as customers should not be subjected this bad of beta testing and should have been tested more internally before given to us.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same ASuS modem and experiencing the same bs. Speeds are 50% on Asus when Coda 19 in bridge mode.
I Plan to Stick Around

In my case, the speed degradation occured in both wired and wireless connections. Also, it occurred after 24hrs, not before. This only occurred on firmware 2.0.10.19. Prior to that i had firmware 2.0.10.13.

BTW, I had firmware 2.0.10.20 pushed to me this afternoon and I can report that wireless connections appear to be slower in both 2.4 & 5G. I'm going to try changing channels on both and see if there's any improvement. Wired connections haven't improved. I'm still getting in the 450-510mbs DL and 20-30mbs UL. So, still well below what I should be getting on the gigabit plan.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi @RogersDave,

Wanted to report a minor issue that's been there since the first version (.13). In bridge mode, the LAN Receiving/LAN Sending counters seem to be horribly broken. If they are intended to work the same way as on the CGN3s, then it should basically be counting all traffic to/from your LAN, i.e. everything that goes through the modem. It's not. e.g. right now it's showing 54MBytes when I just downloaded 1.8 gigs in the last 10 minutes...

I Plan to Stick Around

It occurs with both wired and wireless connections - I currently have firmware 19 and still have the problem, but don't know what version I had previously.  All I know is that I didn't have the problem until I first picked up the new modem on Dec 18 ...

I Plan to Stick Around

... I forgot to mention that the download speed drops to 1-2 Mbps after about 6 hours - pretty consistently ...

I Plan to Stick Around

I did not tracked specifically with .13 or .14 but it is my anecdotal recollection that I did not see sub-100 speeds with those versions of the software.

With .19, within the context of my previous posts the speed dropped precipitously from 300s to 30s within a half hour of active internet activity only on the wired connection. I did not do any wifi speed tests at the time.

I am still on .19 and have not seen a speed drop off since a reboot Monday noon. In fact I just did some speed tests earlier this evening and it was the best D and U speeds I've seen with CODA at around 600/25, and ping/jitter were sub-10 as well.