CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

I'm using built in router with computer connected by cat6 Ethernet cable
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave

I have also been noticing speed degration that is resolved with a router reboot.  What is even more interesting is that I see that the router seems to have rebooted on its own at times.  I see that my current LAN Up Timeis  000 days 12h:51m:20s. I have not rebooted the modem but the logs show the following events (i've removed my mac addresses)

1 01/07/2017 22:07:10 68010300 error DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
2 01/08/2017 03:39:24 90000000 warning MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
3 01/08/2017 14:07:02 82000200 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

I know that there are latency and packet losses in my area (case number is C118816087) that has been logged since Jan 4).

I've Been Here Awhile

I am experiencing the issue of non-accessible samba shares over wireless. Wired connection no problem. Also connections with wifi-controlled devices (like lights) are sluggish and intermittent. 

Worst case is a Raspberry Pi digital music player that uses a shared drive on another computer as file source. The file server is a wired connection on my LAN, the RPi is wifi. (This worked fine before I switched to Rogers Internet a few weeks ago.)

I also have another wifi-connected network music player (Logitech Squeezebox) that uses the same file server, but connects via a dedicated port on that server, and this still works normally.

I Plan to Stick Around

@wh4tfi I don't know how you use Raspberry Pi. But I have Raspberry Pi 3B so I will write it from my experience.

I use Raspeberry Pi exclusively for Kodi for streaming videos and live channels. I don't think it is capable of strong wifi. I used to get 1.3mbps in it for the past 8 months or so (I was with Bell for 6 of those months). If lucky, 3mbps at max but rarely. I never tested Internet speed for Pi before then because everything was smooth and I didn't have to test it. May be its because I only watched SD videos, IIRC.

However, when I started to stream Planet Earth II and any other HD videos for the past couple of months, it would buffer so much. It was a 'worst case' for me. Even SD videos started to buffer. I blamed Bell and moved to Rogers to fix this issue and even bought Debrid (which is a third party premium account for Kodi). Pi was very important to me back then as Bell had only limited channels for me. 

So I installed a power line adapter 2 weeks ago. It cost me $35. Now I am getting above 25Mbps consistently in my Pi. I don't have problem watching any HD stream anymore without needing premium account in Debrid. I don't know if my Pi wifi became all of a sudden faulty or it was never that strong in the first case.

Again, I am speaking from my own experience.   

I Plan to Stick Around

Ever since I got the new 'White' Gigabit Modem, my download speed has been dropping about every 6 hours or so from an average of around 850 Mbps, down to about 1-2 Mbps.  Upload stays about normal, anywhere from about 30-40 Mbps.  The modem looks like it's fine, all the lights are there, but none of our devices can download, or at least only VERY slowly.  If I reboot the modem, everything is fine again for another 5-6 hours, then same thing again?  I've changed out the modem once already, I'm getting very frustrated.  There apparently are two or three cases open but so far no resolution, and it's been over 2 weeks.

I'm part of the SamKnows program, and when I looked at the report I got last week, it's easy to see the issues.

Any thoughts as to what I need to do?  Or why it's happening?

I Plan to Stick Around

mikeepolmic wrote:

Ever since I got the new 'White' Gigabit Modem, my download speed has been dropping about every 6 hours or so from an average of around 850 Mbps, down to about 1-2 Mbps.  Upload stays about normal, anywhere from about 30-40 Mbps.  The modem looks like it's fine, all the lights are there, but none of our devices can download, or at least only VERY slowly.  If I reboot the modem, everything is fine again for another 5-6 hours, then same thing again?  I've changed out the modem once already, I'm getting very frustrated.  There apparently are two or three cases open but so far no resolution, and it's been over 2 weeks.

I'm part of the SamKnows program, and when I looked at the report I got last week, it's easy to see the issues.

Any thoughts as to what I need to do?  Or why it's happening?

Welcome to the speed degradation crew Smiley Happy 

Firmware .19 was released some time after midnight last night so here is hoping it solves this problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Dragus Don't get to excited now .19 doesnt change anything for speed and if anything my speeds got worse then any of the other firmwares they've released. 

Network Architect
Network Architect

The speed degradation issue has now been reported by quite a few users on this forum. We will be collecting additional logs on site on a customer modem on Wednesday morning but I will make sure that this issues gets escalated to the top of the list today.

I may get in touch with some of you via private message to gather additional information required for this investigation.

Dave

Network Architect
Network Architect

wh4tfi wrote:

I am experiencing the issue of non-accessible samba shares over wireless. Wired connection no problem. Also connections with wifi-controlled devices (like lights) are sluggish and intermittent.

This issue has been reported to Hitron and the initial feedback is that they couldn't produce it. I will be performing my own tests on this one to collect additional logs as soon as I have a few minutes to setup the required test environment.

Dave

I've Been Here Awhile

A little more detail - if I connect to the RPi via ssh, then I am actually able to browse the samba share. But the latency is extremely long (maybe 20 sec).
What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.