CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@NBomb I already verified my speed downloading Knoppix and Ubuntu, as suggested before on this forum, from torrent. My speed is 8MB/sec (megabytes) at max which is same as I am getting at Testmynet. 

If I can get 250mbps+, I am a fairly happy person. I am not expecting 400mbps+ speed with this modem like before; and I never expected even close to real Gigabit speed with any other modem. That may, just, be not possible.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't plan to actually use it, but it's a good large filesize w/ enough seeds to max out a connections's throughput. Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

NBomb wrote:

Hey @Datalink or anyone else - do you have any experience w/ Ubiquiti Edgerouters?

I've narrowed down my router as being the bottleneck here, (BTW people, a good speed test for real throughput is to download a DVD img torrent of Knoppix Linux. It's free, legal, and big enough to not finish too quick to see results), and I see a lot of people talking about using one of those as a main router, with something consumer as a wifi AP.

Secondly, how can I reduce the bufferbloat going on? On my DSL, the method would be to enable QoS to limit throughput to like 98% of max, but that's not practical @ gigabit speeds.

I have a Ubiquiti ER-X as well as a few AP-AC-Lites. I have spend some time optimizing and now have full wired speed and pretty good wifi speed. Wired I was running around 400, but turns out that hardware offload for NAT wasn't on by default, turned it on, now I get just about full gigabit throughput from wan. I did it via cmd line, but it can also be done using config tree under system > offload, enable hwnat and ipsec. I think ER-L should have hardware offload enabled by default since offload was just added to ER-X maybe one or two firmware versions ago. Let me know if enabling hardware offload help.

I Plan to Stick Around

I guess I should have put the speeds in...

WAN-LAN using modem in bridge mode on wired connection with hardware offloaded NAT: 930/48

LAN-LAN on wireless AP-AC-Lite 5ghz AC (standing beside the AP): 410/430

WAN speed isn't always that high, during congested periods it can go down to about 700/30, still pretty good...

Wired setup is: Modem (bridged) > ER-X > cheap gigabit switch > computer

Wireless setup is Modem > ER-X > cheap switch > Access points

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I was in the middle of a game (Dota2), I got disconnected, I then noticed all the lights off on my modem and then it restarted.

My first reaction was maybe a new firmware push but no still on .19 , just wondering if the reboot come from you guys or if it's an anomaly?

I Plan to Stick Around

Since being upgraded to firmware 19 I am experiencing speed degradation the requires a modem reboot every 24hrs. The reboot resolves the issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

This is on a wired Ethernet connection using cat6 cable.
I Plan to Stick Around

traghipp wrote:
Since being upgraded to firmware 19 I am experiencing speed degradation the requires a modem reboot every 24hrs. The reboot resolves the issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

This is on a wired Ethernet connection using cat6 cable.

Yep that looks like my problem. Wasn't sure the first time I rebooted, thinking it was pure coincidence. But after reading RogersDave first post it was on my mind.

But the 2nd time I rebooted, I did a before and after....

before:

test #1) beanfield

5947498756.png

test #2) Start communications
5947502753.png

After reboot:

1) Start communications

5947545262.png

2) Nexicon

5947542440.png

Upload is still about 1/2 of my old Gigabit modem before switching to the CODA.

I have some other speed tests from the afternoon with flunctuations from 100-500Mb/s on the same hosts. So the connection really starts to get flaky then it eventually ends up to a crawl.

Have a Tech coming around 10am-noon so I guess I'll see if he can do anything about it. Must just be a firmware fix at this point.

I Plan to Stick Around

Tech guy came, said the last tech guy connected my cable wire to the wrong one (the white ones).

Not sure if that was the problem considering the posted speeds after rebooting the modem is pretty good.

He did give me a new CODA modem so lets hope it was just a bad batch I got the first time.

But if it comes back, I guess I can be a guinea pig with my logs so that Rogers can find a fix for this speed degradation issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

I can now report that since updating to firmware 19, everyday between 3:30pm and 3:40pm my download speed drops to under 10mbs which requires a modem reboot. The issue occurs exactly 24hrs after the rebooting modem.
I Plan to Stick Around

traghipp wrote:
I can now report that since updating to firmware 19, everyday between 3:30pm and 3:40pm my download speed drops to under 10mbs which requires a modem reboot. The issue occurs exactly 24hrs after the rebooting modem.

Are you using the built in router, or running the CODA in bridge mode?

I am running in bridge mode and don't have the same reboot issue, and am running 19 firmware.

Maybe the issue is with the router, and not the modem?

Currently the modem has been up for 2 days and 19 hours, and I'm still getting great speeds. I did see some slowdown last night, but very minor, like 700 instead of 930. I assume that is just because everyone on the block is using lots of bandwidth at that time, but speeds went back to 930 this morning.

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.