CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffj
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@Breadwinka wrote:

@RogersDave I can also confirm @Jeffj findings. First part is without vpn second part is with.  The spike from the VPN seemed to be only during the upload portion as well. I will also try by limiting the bandwith with Rogers to see if it makes a difference.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Ive sent off some info to Dave and he is working on reproducingi t so it can be passed onto the Modem enginers 

Pejmank
I'm Here A Lot

@RogersDave

Have download speed issue since I moved to Gig. Is there a way anyone in this forum can help me ?

I'm running out of options and still get 300mb average and max 450mb download!!!

Tnx

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KyleW1988 I think that if you turn off UPNP on the modem, clear out any port forwarding rules that you don't want, and then reboot the modem, you shouldn't see that Teredo Tunnel appear in the modem after the reboot.  The only reason it would show up in the modem would be if UPNP was enabled and some device on the network requested it.  

QueJoder
I Plan to Stick Around

@RyzenFX wrote:

@lethalsniper All the PUMA 6 modems will be receiving the fix which should fix alot of it's latency issues. This includes the CGNM-3552, CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR, and CGN3.

UNQUOTE

Which of all those modems are Gigabi capable?

JohnBeaudin
I'm a Senior Contributor

@RogersDave

Testing .26 tonight in online games. ( Still on DOCSIS 3.0)

Tested with CSGO on chicago, usually get 62 and then slowly buildup over time to 75 ms.

So far I get around 49-55 ping and buildup over time is not happening , it just stay within the 46-55 range, I am not sure if am I just extremely lucky but it's the first time it happens for years.

I will keep testing to see if it last, but I am pretty confident that this time we are heading in the right direction, when I get D3.1 and you completely fix the UDP in the next firmware.. sad I leave so far cuz I'd pay you beer! haha

KyleW1988
I Plan to Stick Around

Wouldn't disabling UPNP cause a bunch of problems for everything else? If I manually turn off the port it shouldn't effect anything else other than that port. As I stated before this hasn't made a difference to me. Rogers implementing IPv6 before they had all the problems worked out was a mistake. We the consumers suffer because they wanted to be ahead of the game.
RyzenFX
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@JohnBeaudin How's Dota and the other games you play?

JohnBeaudin
I'm a Senior Contributor

@RyzenFX

Only tried csgo and ark so far, 27-31ms on ARK.

Will update when I try other games.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a Senior Contributor

** EDIT** @RogersDave

Looks like I just got lucky the rest of the games .. it started to spike goign as high as 90 ms and even stay there for quite a while. So no real improvements in online gaming yet. As for the modem reboot I will give update in a few days to see if it will last usually it never stay on without reboot for more than 24h

RyzenFX
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I've noticed this same trend after the modem is pushed a new firmware version. At first, the modem performs really well (notably in gaming scenarios where ping and packet loss is very low), however after some time there seems to be a buildup of packet loss and ping.