CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

These tests are done hard wired to the coda modem on gateway mode ( not a 3rd party router )
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Any progress updates w/ the 4582 so far?

Only one person can provide us updates, we all waiting for his return so we can have updates.

I Plan to Stick Around

RogersDave sent me a PM saying my packet loss is a cosmetic issue? HOW AM I LAGGING THEN?

I Plan to Stick Around

4 days gone by after swapping for black dot modem. I am still in .13.

It's supposed to be updated to .19 within 48 hours.

Rogers, that is.

I Plan to Stick Around

Same here actually.

My modem is acting strange. When I run a speedtest over both WiFi bands, I hear a electromagnetic noise/ whine coming from the DOCSIS tuner of the modem.

For instance, when a speed test is run on the 5G band, the whine would be a bit louder than on the 2.4 band b/c more data is being transmitted. On 5G, the whine would be much louder at 200Mbps than on 2.4 which averages 100Mbps. When a speedtest is being run, you would hear the consistency of the whine as data is being transmitted.

The noise is also synchronized with the blinking of the 2.4/5G leds.

Should I exchange the modem or are others having this problem?
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm still experiencing signal degradation over time.  My Downstream Signal strength (dBmV) values are all well above zero after a reboot, but some are dropping below zero over time. This is with the black dot modem and after a home visit by a tech to check for internal line issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

So here's a question and maybe another datapoint.

I'm .23. Gigabit service. No 3.1. Bridge mode. Black dot. I've been experiencing speed degradation over time.

For whatever reason I have always been missing channel 24. On a lark I spread the modem apart from the router as far as I could. Magically I got all 32 channels including the long lost 24. I've been relatively stable for over 24h.

Now I will have jinxed myself after having written this but 😊

Could increasing the distance make this better?
I Plan to Stick Around

@timfolkins wrote:
So here's a question and maybe another datapoint.

I'm .23. Gigabit service. No 3.1. Bridge mode. Black dot. I've been experiencing speed degradation over time.

For whatever reason I have always been missing channel 24. On a lark I spread the modem apart from the router as far as I could. Magically I got all 32 channels including the long lost 24. I've been relatively stable for over 24h.

Now I will have jinxed myself after having written this but 😊

Could increasing the distance make this better?

Maybe even with the extra shielding the modem part is still susceptible to interference from yur Wi-Fi router, maybe you have a high power one?

I think this whole black dot thing is a last minute piece of shield that Hitron haked into the modems, not really something properly engineered... sure it helps but I think its still better to be safe, use a separate roter and put them far appart...