CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 146

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation


@RogersDave wrote:

@Double_K, just to be clear on where this wording comes from. Technically, an Ethernet port will never reach 1 Gbps per second. Perhaps 950 Mbps but not 1 Gbps. Therefore, to reach 1 Gbps you really need to have multiple connections and wired + wifi is the easiest to achieve as most people wouldn't have 2 NICs on their PC.

 

It gets tricky however because you then have 2 IP addresses but that is a different story.

 

Dave


Wait, you mean the gigabit plan should actually be called the 950u plan?  lol Smiley Wink

 

Will Jumbo frames be enabled on D3.1 in the CODA-4582?

 

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 56

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RogersDave Can we add unreliable DHCP reservations to the list of things Hitron is looking at? It doesn't matter how many times I set my reservations a good majority of my devices never get switched to the static ip. Sometimes they even move to different ips but not the one I set it to. Even if it is on the wrong IP, it always still says DHCP reserved. If I put my 3 most critical devices where I NEED the ip to remain static it seems to be fine but it seems like it gets to a point where I've added one too many and it just starts ignoring the reservations. I only have 20 devices total so not an excessive amount at all. Has anyone had luck getting this to work properly all the time?
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 20

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation


@Datalink wrote:

Just to note, neither the older 802.3  Link Aggregation Group or the newer 802.1ax Link Aggregation Control Protocol is listed on the 4582's datasheet.  The question is, is this merely done via firmware, or, does the Aggregation Protocol have specific hardware requirements?  If its firmware, then maybe there is some hope of seeing this.  If this requires specific hardware that isn't already built it, then its not going to happen on this modem.


@RogersDave, could you please check about this with yout Hitron contact? if technically possible (all needed hardware is there) then it would be great if it could be added as a feature request for a future firmware, and supported for both Bridge and Gateway mode...

 

I guess Bridge mode is the most important one as on this mode you would never be able to reach full Gigabit speed. Not that this really matters right now as it seems only a really small percentage of people on Gigabit seems to be able to reach that speed anyway... Mine tops at about 600 Mbps right now, hopefully 3.1 will match advertised speeds with real speeds...

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 29

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation


@Datalink wrote:

For anyone who has seen a random restart occur, is there anything in the modem's event log that coincides with the restart time or is there anything that is visible on a pingplot that occurs before the restart?


I see a DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option (68010300) for yesterday's restart and for today's MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1... (90000000) both have some mac info, so Dave can take a look himself if needed. Nothing else coincides, really.

 

Could it be an ad-hoc maintenance "feature" (like a scheduled restart) temporarily included by Hitron to deal with degrading performance on some routers  that require a regular restart? The restarts happen late at night 12.30-2.30AM (except for yesterday, which was 3PM EST sharp) The .13 certainly did not have this problem as I had 0 restarts for 72hrs with it.

Network Architect
Network Architect
Posts: 611

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation


@jjunge wrote:
@RogersDave Can we add unreliable DHCP reservations to the list of things Hitron is looking at? It doesn't matter how many times I set my reservations a good majority of my devices never get switched to the static ip. Sometimes they even move to different ips but not the one I set it to. Even if it is on the wrong IP, it always still says DHCP reserved. If I put my 3 most critical devices where I NEED the ip to remain static it seems to be fine but it seems like it gets to a point where I've added one too many and it just starts ignoring the reservations. I only have 20 devices total so not an excessive amount at all. Has anyone had luck getting this to work properly all the time?

@jjunge I can do that but will need to get data supporting this. Can you setup some reservations and make sure you reboot the devices that you reserve (so that there is a new DHCP exchange). If you have mismatch after that between the reservation table and the DHCP table, I will pull some logs.

 


@Lumute wrote:

@Datalink wrote:

Just to note, neither the older 802.3  Link Aggregation Group or the newer 802.1ax Link Aggregation Control Protocol is listed on the 4582's datasheet.  The question is, is this merely done via firmware, or, does the Aggregation Protocol have specific hardware requirements?  If its firmware, then maybe there is some hope of seeing this.  If this requires specific hardware that isn't already built it, then its not going to happen on this modem.


@RogersDave, could you please check about this with yout Hitron contact? if technically possible (all needed hardware is there) then it would be great if it could be added as a feature request for a future firmware, and supported for both Bridge and Gateway mode...


@Lumute, I agree this is a nice feature request. Can you remind me once we have resolved the slowly degraded speed issue? I don't want to add any feature requests right away.

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 56

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RogersDave I had all 19 devices added this morning and removed them except for 3 because it wasn't working - are you able to pull logs from earlier today or do you need me to add the reservations again and let you know ?
Network Architect
Network Architect
Posts: 611

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation


@jjunge wrote:
@RogersDave I had all 19 devices added this morning and removed them except for 3 because it wasn't working - are you able to pull logs from earlier today or do you need me to add the reservations again and let you know ?

I need a live example of mismatch. But as I said, you will need to reboot devices and or force a DHCP renew otherwise simply adding them to the reservation list won't do anything until the DHCP lease expires (set to 7 days).

 

Dave

I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 338

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RogersDave

 

I was noticing that I had a heck of a time streaming Netflix and other content tonight and decided to do a speedtest.  

 

slow 1.jpg

 

slow 2.jpg

 

This is by far the WORST speed I have seen on a GIGABIT plan.

 

Here are my modem stats:

 

Downstream Overview
Port IDFrequency (MHz)ModulationSignal strength (dBmV)Channel IDSignal noise ratio (dB)
1609000000256QAM3.6003436.610
2657000000256QAM1.0004136.387
3663000000256QAM1.9004236.387
4669000000256QAM2.2004336.387
5675000000256QAM2.0004436.610
6681000000256QAM2.1004536.387
7687000000256QAM1.5004636.610
8693000000256QAM0.7004736.387
9699000000256QAM0.8004836.387
10705000000256QAM0.2004936.610
11711000000256QAM-0.7005035.595
12717000000256QAM-1.0005135.595
13723000000256QAM-1.8005235.595
14825000000256QAM-2.4005335.084
15831000000256QAM-1.9005435.595
16837000000256QAM-1.6005535.595
17843000000256QAM-1.3005636.387
18561000000256QAM-1.800574.243
19567000000256QAM1.2002735.084
20573000000256QAM2.3002835.595
21579000000256QAM2.5002935.595
22585000000256QAM2.5003036.610
23591000000256QAM3.8003136.610
24597000000256QAM4.2003236.610
25603000000256QAM4.1003337.636
26855000000256QAM-1.6005835.780
27615000000256QAM2.5003536.610
28861000000256QAM-1.9005934.926
29633000000256QAM0.8003735.595
30639000000256QAM1.0003836.387
31645000000256QAM1.5003935.780
32651000000256QAM1.2004036.387
OFDM Downstream Overview
ReceiverFFT typeSubcarr 0 Frequency(MHz)PLC lockedNCP lockedMDC1 lockedPLC power(dBmv)
0NANANONONONA
1NANANONONONA
Upstream Overview
Port IDFrequency (MHz)ModulationSignal strength (dBmV)Channel IDBandwidth
123700000ATDMA - 64QAM33.75026400000
238595766ATDMA - 64QAM39.00033200000
330596000ATDMA - 64QAM35.25016400000
OFDM/OFDMA Overview
Channel IndexStatelin Digital AttDigital AttBW (sc's*fft)Report PowerReport Power1_6FFT Size
0DISABLED0.50000.00000.0000-inf-1.00004K
1DISABLED0.50000.00000.0000-inf-1.00004K

 

Anyone else having pathetic speeds tonight?

 

Update:  I called in to support and there is a area issue in Scarborough.

I'm a Regular
Posts: 876

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RogersDave do you see any issues at all with the coda ? signal levels are getting higher ever since sunday , there was a area issue in scarbrough  which it effected me had no internet . now levels look higher

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 38

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

my signal levels all used to be around -3, since Sunday they have gone to around -6 and -7.

i didn't change anything on my end...

London, Ontario