CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersTony

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Hello @wjgiles,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

It's pretty strange that the CODA-4582 modem is having issues sending the Internet to the Orbi Router especially in Bridge mode! Mesh Wi-Fi is supposed to be really great especially if you've got a larger home or if your layout is not ideal for Wi-Fi signal penetration.

Luckily you've reached the right place to get help! We have many Resident Experts like @Datalink@Gdkitty & @gp-se who are well versed in Home Networking technologies.

If there is anyone else in the Community who has experience with the Netgear Orbi AC3000 feel free to chime in!

RogersTony

wjgiles
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply.

I have a feeling this is a general issue with the CODA-4582 and connecting anything to it.  Perhaps something to do with a previous router being hooked up to the Gateway?  Maybe it has stored that info, and connecting something new is conflicting with whatever is stored or "cached" for lack of a better term?

Would appreciate some feedback from those who may have connected new routers, not even just the Netgear Orbi AC3000 unit, and were having issue, then rectified them.

Thanks in advance!

wayner92
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Did you try powering off the CODA and your router to see if that would allow it to connect?  And if it didn't work when you powered on the CODA first then try the opposite and power on the router first.  Just a WAG but you never know?

justink
I'm Here A Lot

I am experiencing heavy packet loss and unstable latency on the coda 4582 during peak hours. 5pm - 1am During the days it is normal. Playing online games is very hard with the lag.

I've contacted live chat many times and they say nothing is wrong. This has been an ongoing problem for 10 months. I'm on firmware 2.0.10.33T3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RogersShaun
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @justink,

Thanks for reaching out. As a fellow gamer, I can relate. I know too well how a sudden lag spike can make or break an intense online game. 

Our Resident Experts like @Datalink@Gdkitty & @gp-se might be able to provide some suggestions here, alternatively, you can always PM @CommunityHelps and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersShaun

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@justink wrote:

I am experiencing heavy packet loss and unstable latency on the coda 4582 during peak hours. 5pm - 1am During the days it is normal. Playing online games is very hard with the lag.

I've contacted live chat many times and they say nothing is wrong. This has been an ongoing problem for 10 months. I'm on firmware 2.0.10.33T3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@justink

Heavy packet loss during peak hours leads me to believe the issue is congestion on your Node. You can try sending @RogersDave a PM asking him to look at the load of your Node during peak hours.

justink
I'm Here A Lot

Great thanks for the info. I messaged @RogersDave
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@justink you could also call tech support and ask to speak with a Level II tech regarding the load on the Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) that your modem connects to.  The Level I tech that you normally speak with does not have access to that data for some reason, but, you have to go thru him or her enroute to the Level II tech.  

If you wanted to determine the effects of CMTS loading on the UDP transit times, and if you're slightly technical minded, have a look at the following post:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31737637-

If you follow that post, that will enable you to generate a UDP response plot, using the Rogers DNS or any other DNS if you choose to do so.  Running that test to the Rogers DNS first will enable you to determine if there are issues within the Rogers network, or, if the problems are beyond the Rogers network, in which case this is a peering and transit problem. 

I intend to repost that post to another forum with additional instructions for ICMP and TCP/IP.  Its on my list of things to do one of these days. 

Modomio
I've Been Around

Hi there,

I just had my internet installed, and I noticed some problems that look like software bugs.  Below is my hardware and software version:

Hardware Version 1A
Software Version 2.0.10.28T2

The first problem is that I cannot save my devices for Mac Filtering to the "Allow Listed" in the Wireless Access Control menu.  I can add them to the Managed Devices list, but when I try to save them, it just says saving with a little wheel spinning, and then it just hangs.  Then the modem need to be rebooted.  I called in to Rogers  support and they could not make it work remotely either.  It just hangs.   After playing with it quite a bit, I finally made it work, but that is when I dropped the Allowed List to 10 devices (I had to remove my work Laptop, PlayStation, TV, and a couple of older phones which I rarely use anymore.)  So it appears that their is a limit of about 10 devices?  And if you go over (I think I had about  14 or 15 before.  I did not try 11, or 12, or 13 to see if it works), it just crashes when trying to save.   I was able to add all 15 devices to the Security Device Filter menu.  But I noticed that it is not as effective as blocking WiFi access.  All it did was block the internet access, but I was still able to access my NAS.  Not at all effective in terms of network security. Also, I would like my pc to have bandwidth priority over other devices in the house.  Is that possible with this router?

Another issue is that I have noticed that my cell phones disconnected from the WiFi all the time when not being used and switch to my LTE data connection.  Not good in terms of using up my phones data plan while I'm sleeping.  Is their a known fix for this?  I have never seen such a problem in my years using other modems before (I was with Bell before).

Are these issues known?  Also, is my firmware version the latest out there?  I noticed that many here are using newer "Beta" Software.  Is this soon to be released software to fix these issues I am having?

This modem has been out for over 1 year now.  So many problems still as I have found out, and can read in this forum.  I have had a lot of experiance with software development in systems in the past.  To see these issues still here after 1 year is very concerning.  Is it possible to change to older modems if necessary?  I have the giggabit internet, but I would rather have a slower speed and something that works and is secure.  Or just bail and not get involved any further.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wjgiles have you been able to resolve the problem connecting to the Orbi AC3000?