CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@mahomedThanks for trying to assist but I've already done everything you've suggested and this not a LAN issue. I'll wait for @RogersDave to look into the matter and find out what the problem is.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Max24

Not a problem.  I hope that they can find the issue and get the speeds to where they should be at.  

If you do come to a situation where you feel that you are "hitting a wall"at an impass, I would suggest emailing Ombudsman@rci.rogers.com .  This is the Rogers Office of the President department and they are the group that will use all means available to get a speedy resolution on this matter.  They want to take a bad experience and make it better and keep you happy.

Just let them know from when the issue has been going on since and describe all the things you have done and they will work to get this resolved.  At the end of the process, make sure that you convey to them your time/frustration spent on this matter and (I can't stress this enough) be polite in your interactions.    Ask them that you would like to be compensated for this rigmarole and they can look at compensation options (i.e. bill credit, free month, etc.).

I have use this channel a few times with area issues that techs didn't want to report, and maintenance didn't want to fix due to the various factors.  They took care of things and my signal and speeds have never been better.  Let's hope it lasts (knockin' on wood).

Mahomed

I Plan to Stick Around

@mahomedI'll give them until tomorrow before I go this route thanks again!

As a follow up to the OFDM signal not appearing on the modem GUI, it appears to be an actual issue. The OFDM carrier is dropped 4 minutes after the WAN comes online and in the logs it shows Lost MDD Timeout.  T

This issue is only present in firmware 2.0.10.30T1 and is not present in firmware 2.0.10.27. From what I know 2.0.10.30T1 is not going to be deployed network-wide, but a maybe a version such as 2.0.10.31 will be deployed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RyzenFX thats very strange.  I'm running 30T1 as well and haven't had any issues with the OFDM channel.  The ping time to the CMTS is terrible on this version, but, it doesn't appear to affect the time to an end target beyond the CMTS. 

@Datalink It is strange, I'll have to confirm with Dave if my modem is actually locked onto the OFDM subcarrier when he comes back. 

Sounds like a lot of work is being done in the background due to his silence, so I can't wait to see what he has to share with us. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RyzenFX wrote:

@Datalink It is strange, I'll have to confirm with Dave if my modem is actually locked onto the OFDM subcarrier when he comes back. 

Sounds like a lot of work is being done in the background due to his silence, so I can't wait to see what he has to share with us. 

hopefully a new gateway 😉

@gp-se wrote:

@RyzenFX wrote:

hopefully a new gateway 😉

That is highly likely. Rogers did announce that they will be sharing their second quarter financial results on July 20th so I should expect that they will be announcing their new modem then. 

@RyzenFX

The question with the new modem is how well developed is their initial firmware? Keep in mind these CODA modems are FINALLY pretty robust after 7 months of firmware updates.

That being said, what new features would be offered compared to what we have now? Only time will tell.

I believe this time we will get something nice and it won't be Hiltron! 😄