CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

hey @toolcubed i followed the instructions of @Datalink in the previous posts by plugging the modems coax line into the VOIP port and am finding much better reliability of the modem in bridge mode. 

I am also getting all 32 channels now, before was missing a few. Would reccomend people having amplifiers to plug it into the VOIP modem if they can.

I'm a Regular

Good to know.  Unfortunately I can't plug my CODA into the VoIP port since that port is being taken up by my home phone.  I guess I could split the cable coming into the house on a 2-way splitter - one port going to the CODA and the other port going into the Antronix amp for my home phone and TVs.  But I haven't really had any issues with my Internet except for some packet loss (with IPv6 only) and the occassional ping spike & slow speed during peak hours from time to time.

I Plan to Stick Around

What do any of you think of these details about the CODA 4582 modem?

Are these modem failures? If that is the case what would that indicate. How to fix them to prevent future repetition?

DOCSIS Logs

The DOCSIS event logs is shown here

Log was removed for privacy reasons - RogersMoin
I Plan to Stick Around

@ololo wrote:

Some of my device get wrong IP address from the modem, that cause my device can not using internet, the ip like 169.254.20.189. Some device is working fine, IP address like 192.168.0.X.

So 169.254 is IPV4's autoconfiguration. What it means is that it asked for a DHCP address and nobody responded, so it randomly assigns you an address in the 169.254.x.x range.

I'm not sure if the modem refuses to give out a local IP address if it does not have an external network connection.  If so, then your external connection could be the problem.  This would be strange though, as it should always hand out local IP addresses.

I have suspected for a while, based on other people's complaints, that the built in DHCP server in the modem is flaky. 

Easiest way to fix it is to just assign your IP addresses yourself (at least on your critical nodes), or run your own DHCP server.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@QueJoder If you ever do notice DHCP RENEW WARNING or MIMO Event MIMO, these are just normal tasks the modem carries out so you don't need to worry about this. The only thing I would worry about is if I see excessive amounts of No Ranging Response received - T3. For instance, if you saw 4-10 all under 1 date then that would be an obvious sign that something is wrong.

From the looks of everything, it looks good. If I were you I wouldn't need to worry about anything. Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you RyzenFX

''Progress''

I Plan to Stick Around

I do not understand what info in there is "private"? no IP numbers or names were exposed. Please illuminate me for future posts

@Queoder wrote:

I do not understand what info in there is "private"? no IP numbers or names were exposed. Please illuminate me for future posts

@QueJoder, more than likely it was the MAC addresses of your modem & your CMTS, which forms part of the hostname for your router.

Hostname: CPEroutermac-CMcmmac.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com

Here's mine (notice how I change the last 3 octets to xx:yy:zz for privacy)

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=a8:4e:3f:xx:yy:zz;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:xx:yy:zz;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

The first 3 octets represent the manufacturer (so it's the same for lots of people), the last 3 represent the individual device.

Thus, when posting your logs in the future, either remove the last 3 octets of the MAC address, or change them to non-standard hex characters (from g to z).  If posting a picture, block out those parts of the address in your local paint program, then save & upload.

I Plan to Stick Around

So, when is .26 supposed to be going live to everyone? AFAIK I'm not on it yet, but everyone seems happy with it.