CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@4kgigabitguy Yup, and I can reproduce these results all the time. I think the modem has an upload bufferbloat problem, but we'll have to wait and see. 

@4kgigabitguy

When I was on D3.0 it was instant but on D3.1 it takes time, it's more noticeable when I game for a few hours.

Rogers Employee 4kgigabitguy
Rogers Employee

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@4kgigabitguy

When I was on D3.0 it was instant but on D3.1 it takes time, it's more noticeable when I game for a few hours.

Thanks @JohnBeaudin Are you still seeing the same results your shared earlier in the post here  ?  When you spike up to 80ms is it noticeable in the game? 

4kgigabitguy

@4kgigabitguy

It was noticeable but the spike on 80ms only hapenned on D3.0

on D3.1 it never spike more than 60ms and it's slightly noticeable, I have to notice it on my net_graph.

I'm Here A Lot

All device is Wireless connection, and no second router.
Some of my device get wrong IP address from the modem, that cause my device can not using internet, the ip like 169.254.20.189. Some device is working fine, IP address like 192.168.0.X. Without restating modem, I need to change the device IP address like 192.168.0.X. Then I can use internet again but when I try to browse modem login page (192.168.0.1), unable to browse the modem login page, like no internet, but browse other web is fine.
After restart modem, everything work fine.
I think is rogers coda modem problem, I switch modem many time, I try the one black dot and two black dot on the back of modem, they all have some problem.
Any one know what is problem? How to fix it?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ololo it sounds like you have cable signal issues.  If you can, log into the modem, navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page and copy the downstream and upstream tables.  Then, paste those into a post.  The copy and paste process is just like you are copying from one document to another, and it will end up with the text contents of the tables pasted into the post. 

If for some reason you can't log into the modem, call tech support.  Ask the CSR to run a signal check on the modem and indicate that you can't log into the modem.  If that check fails, as I suspect it might, the CSR will arrange for a tech visit at a time that is convenient to you.  

If at any time you are having problems with your internet, as in it won't operate properly, follow the paragraph above and call tech support. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ololo That's the exact same issue I had... Did a factory reset and signed up for the firmware trials and I've had zero issues with the T26 firmware...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That might be because V2.0.10.26T2 has an increased time period where it waits until evaluating the cable signal levels after starting up.  

I'm Here A Lot

How to sign up firmware trial?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As indicated in the following link:

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315...

Follow this link to the @CommunityHelps public page.  On the right is another link to "Send this user a private message".  Follow that link to the message composition page.  Its already addressed.  Add in the title Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial.

In the text of the message, include your modems MAC address and serial number which can be found on the modem's STATUS page when you log into the modem.  When done, hit SEND.

Watch for a number overlaid on your avatar in the upper right hand corner when you are logged into the forum.  That will indicate a message is waiting for you in the message inbox.  Click on the avatar of follow the procedding links to the inbox to acknowledge the required waiver.