CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@gp-se wrote:

@Jeffj

So another modem and different firmware versions, but the same issue. This points to something on Rogers side that is causing your problem. Also keep in mind Rogers is launching DOCSIS 3.1 on the network, this also could be causing issues. 

This is correct, I have been keeping a journal of when the speeds bomb out and presented the rogers support with the corralation that every time it rains here and freezes over night i wake up to no internet.

they agreegd its their problem and have set a ticket for some one to inspect the tap on the pole out back of my flat.  

I thought it was the .23 firmware but after i went back and checked the weather from the time my issues started untill now it has rained almost every day and froze over night. 

here is to hoping it's solved soon. i have no idea where the issue is but its external to my indoor wiring and modem at this point. 

Its raining cats and dogs here right now, so i fully expect when i wake up in the morning for work i will have to reboot my modem to have some form of useable internet. 

I've Been Around

Would it be possible to get a beta of the firmware 2.0.10.21. I am having an issue on the 5Ghz only. Where I can't access any Samba shares. I see that is fixed in the above firmware. I could really use this as not being able to use 5ghz is a huge pain when working from home and transfering huge files. I can't be corded and 2.4Ghz is so slow.

I can access them on the 2.4ghz with no issues. I though it might be QOS causing it but I see I can't disable that either.

I have done days and days of troubleshooting over this... This was a tough one to figure out.

TY.

I.T maniac since 1992

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@crashxcc

Send a PM to @CommunityHelps With the Subject "Firmware Trial"

they will give you instructions to get signed up for the BETA firmware, they will need:

Account Number

Modem Serial Number (On back of the modem)

Modem MAC Address 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My firmware is 2.0.10.13 How do I update? do i have to wait until it is pushed to me? I have to reboot multiple times per day, swapped modems, blah blah blah, this has been a trying month since i switched back to Rogers

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@itsgettinglate the modem will update to the latest network wide release (2.0.10.19) within 48 hours.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I am really hoping someone can help me out.  As I was using the old black hitron cable modem router last week and then all of the sudden my download speed went to 20MBS on my xbox.  My package is the 250 down and 20 up.  I had the router hard wired in with an ethernet cable to the modem.  My upload speed was always accurate and was not effected.  I had three different tecs come by and no one could trouble shoot the problem.  Finally the last tec set me up with this new modem.  It uses the same software interface as the old Hitron that I am familiar with when I log on it (192.168.0.1).  With the new modem I have the following happening:

1. Wirelessly I am only getting 80 down. (the tec said to play with the channels since there is lots of interference)

2. When I plug my laptop into the router via ethernet I am getting my 250 down and 20 up.  Sometimes even faters.

3. Xbox one plugged into the router gives me 30 down (at best) with 20 up.  I even went out and bought a cat 6 cable.

I would like to improve my wireless signal and more importantly the download speed for my xbox one.  I did try assigning a static IP to the xbox.  I did port forwarding based on xbox support page.  I tried turning off port forwarding and putting the xbox in a DMZ state.  Nothing seemed to correct the issue.  I have a moderate or Strict NAT and terrible download speed.

I am pretty comfortable playing with the software on the router and my xbox.  The only thing i am not sure of is if I should be someone assigning a different DNS (not familar with DNS) for the router and the xbox.

I would appreciate any help.   Not sure if it matters but geographically I live in London Ontario

***Added labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

I couldnt test/check if i lost channels and speed this morning. The modem rebooted to install .19 at 5AM. So todays testing was a bust for me lol, atleast this mornings.

I'm a Regular

I know for a fact the new coda modem has a open Nat with the Xbox one but if you have more then one console it's not the greatest
I'm a Reliable Contributor

That's great.

I've Been Here Awhile

I couldn't get an open NAT and I couldn't get a Download speed higher than 5mps wired.

Any suggestions on settings I should be trying? Coda or Xbox related?