CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

I'm almost close to doing it. I am really losing my patience now. It's affecting my business as I do a lot of Webconferences and Webex. Having the best Internet is extremely crucial and important.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Just got the .23 firmware earlier today and so far so good. I don't know if it's because the firmware was recently flashed and the modem has rebooted but everything from downloads to web surfing has been super speedy. I have the CODA bridged and I'm using an Asus RT-AC68U. Speed tests also seem to have improved. Before .23 speeds would gradually climb to 200Mbps (I'm on the 100/10 plan) but now the speed test needle immediately goes to 200 (no gradual increase). Again, not sure if it's due to the fact that the modem was just updated. I'll keep testing over the next few days. Solid so far though!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got .23 pushed down to me so that is something exciting for a Friday afternoon.

With the modem rebooting due to the software upgrade I am now missing ports 17- 24 so that leads me to believe my modem has begun to suffer from the interference issue and will need to be replaced by a black dot modem.

Quick speed  tests give an approximate 650/45 over Wifi so that is also a positive.

*Update* - Did a full powerdown of the network devices after the software upgrade and the missing ports came back and everything is back in order. Speedtests give 720/45 over wired (highest I ever get is in the 720-750 range so its back to normal speed) with ping/jitter being 6 and 6 respectively. Will keep an eye on the channels for possible modem issues but positive initial results!

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

@RogersDave can you have a look at my docsis wan looks like i just got the docs 3.1 but looks there is a issue on one of the channels

64QAM

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@lethalsniper I swear I saw someone else report the same thing on this forum over the past couple of days. I cannot find this post and do not remember the outcome but will keep looking.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Hybrid_Noodle, might have to wait until tonight's change window to factory reset Smiley Wink

I just got .23 as well.  I'll have to reboot the pfSense box tomorrow morning when everyone is asleep.

@RogersDave, here's my results on 100u bridged (did not do any factory reset - it just rebooted after the SW load);

2017-01-27.png

1801/27/2017 19:15:5969010100noticeSW Download INIT - Via NMS
1901/27/2017 19:16:4769011100noticeSW download Successful - Via NMS
2001/27/2017 19:19:0690000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=a8:4e:3f:xx:yy:zz;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:xx:yy:zz;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There have been a couple of posts where the modem was running on Docsis 3.1 and a few of the Docsis 3.0 channel signal to noise ratios had dropped to 4.x dB, down from 36 dB and above.  Don't know if thats a modem issue or not at this point. 

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

@Datalink okay thanks just to let you know my modem is the one with the black circle sticker hop full it's not a modem issue
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From what I remember, there was some work to be done in your building by Rogers techs.  Do you know if that has been done?  If you don't know, I would call tech support and ask for an update on the work ticket.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Yes the issue was fixed ,this is a new issue now happ this morning since the docs 3.1 update. Look like I just got the .23 firmware and now looks like that channel went back up to 37. Should I factory reset the modem now that .23 firmware got pushed