CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Thanks for all the info RogersDave! I sent you a PM with more details about the below.

I appear to be missing channels 22 and 23.... 

ScreenShot3.jpg

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

So if we're running our CODA modems in bridge mode, we should never experience the intereference since WiFi is completely disabled.  Is that right?  Or would you still recommend that we swap our modems out for the newer version (with the black dot)?

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

@toolcubed wrote:

So if we're running our CODA modems in bridge mode, we should never experience the intereference since WiFi is completely disabled.  Is that right?  Or would you still recommend that we swap our modems out for the newer version (with the black dot)?

It could still be affected in some cases, especially if your router is right beside your modem. Now to be clear, it's really a subset of modems that have this issue. In your case, I just reviewed your modem and don't see any sign of this impact.

As part of the trial firmware program, I do monitor more closely the performance of the modems. I will be contacting via private message, likely next week, everybody who is part of this program and could benefit from a modem swap.

Dave

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

CODA .19.PNG

Here is my speedtest. I just got the CODA yesterday and it got .19 firmware last night. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@hptouchdroid13 wrote:

CODA .19.PNG

Here is my speedtest. I just got the CODA yesterday and it got .19 firmware last night. 

Lucky you.

wow.png

This is mine. on firmware .19

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersDave wrote:

@gp-se wrote:

What are the symptoms of the interference issue? How would a user know if he is afftected by this.

@gp-se, It is hard for end users to detect this situation but it may be possible in some cases.

In the DOCSIS Status page, there could be missing channel (the channel ID column will completely skip a number). In some cases, there will be some channels with a SNR really low (10 to 15). There are also cases where none of the above shows a problem.

We are running scans on the network to flag affected modem and I'll be in contact with some of you to expedite a replacement.

@Alex4161 wrote:
@RyzenFX @RogersDave

What are the causes of this tuner interference? Is it related to placement, bad splitter, wiring, amps on the line?

thanks

@Alex4161, As stated previously, the interference is generally internal to the modem where 2.4 GHz WiFi can leak into the DOCSIS tuner and affect certain frequencies. This only affects a subset of modems but the newer generation modems (with a black dot) have extra protection against that.

@Double_K wrote:

@RyzenFX, thanks!

Did the FCC ID / IC number change on the back of the modem?

How does it have better shielding from interference?

@Double_K, There is no other indication, no difference in FCC ID or hardware revision. It strictly has an extra shield on top of the DOCSIS tuner.

Dave

I just checked my modem, all 32 channels and SNR between 38-40, so I'm guessing I am good. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Random Friday evening prime time speed check on Rogers Speed Test:

Firmware .19

Uptime 38 hours

Friday the 13th 19h40 prime time stream-oclock

DOCSIS 3.0 4 of 32 download channels offline due to wifi interference issue

Download Speed: 671Mbps

Upload Speed: 26Mbps

Latency: 7ms

Jitter: 4ms

Things are looking good! No gradual or suddent modem slow downs as far as I can tell, however the modem reboot 38 hours ago was unsolicited.

Highlighted

Thanks Dave.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is Rogers recalling the first coda due to interference issue?

Highlighted

Dave,

Last night I decided to run some speed tests while I was wired directly to my RT-AC68U (CODA in bridge mode) and I couldn't break past 50M down and 3-5M up (I'm on the 100u plan). Usually I pull 200 down and 11-12 up. After I ran the slow speed tests, I checked my DOCSIS stats on the modem and everything was fine...signal levels were great as usual and no missing channels. Was the cause of the slow speed test due to local node congestion or could my CODA be exhibiting some form of interference?