CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amd7674
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Your Asus RT-N66U is too slow to handle 1GB speeds.   I had to upgrade my n66u to Asus AC1900P (dula core CPU at 1.4Ghz) in order to handle 1GB speeds.    I'm puzzled how you were getting 890/20...  Perhaps run some tests without N66U in the picture.

@gcw23 wrote:

Received the .20 firmware this morning before heading to work.  Did a couple speed tests and everything seemed like it was fine.  Tried 4 or 5 servers and was getting around 890/20 which is a lot better than I was getting before around 300/2.  Came home from work and ran a couple more tests, and the speed is terrible again.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5959779331.png

speedtest6.jpg

Both were taken at 12:40am.    Currently running in bridge mode, connected to an Asus RT-N66U.  

timlocke
I Plan to Stick Around

My old Rogers modem failed on 12/1/17 and when I retired to the Rogers store they gave me one of these.  Said it was all they had and would work on my 100Mbps service.

Needless to say it had those open issues. I use IPV6 and have a Dlink router.    Took it back and they found  an ACSMR which works perfectly.  Now my 'net is working again I find this thread which would have saved 1/2 a day.

oh Well... I am sure that the majority of people who used the modem in Gateway mode will never notice before the firmware update.

Vikentieff
I Plan to Stick Around

Just curious, did they give you a white coda-4582 or a new black one?

robbyf
I Plan to Stick Around

I've never seen a black one before. 

Mines white and I have very poor connection.

I'm getting 10% of what I should be getting, 20Mbps at best. I'm rated to do 250 but used to pull in over 320 on older eqiupment.

I can't really use netflix or gamecenter live unless I reduce the quality to 480 res. which looks awful on 4k.

Vikentieff
I Plan to Stick Around

@robbyf wrote:

I've never seen a black one before. 

Mines white and I have very poor connection.

I'm getting 10% of what I should be getting, 20Mbps at best. I'm rated to do 250 but used to pull in over 320 on older eqiupment.

I can't really use netflix or gamecenter live unless I reduce the quality to 480 res. which looks awful on 4k.

I was replying to . He says he exchanged the modem today, and I assume they give him a modem from a new shipment, which I've heard are now black.

timlocke
I Plan to Stick Around

A white one

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

is this true there is a new batch of black modems? anyone else heard of this?
RyzenFX
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@gp-se I just exchanged my modem for one of the newer modems today.

There isn't a new batch of black modems. However, there are newer batches which have a black labeling on the outside which means that the modem has better shielding against interference. The modem however is still WHITE in color. 

There aren't any other changes to the newer batches other than having better shielding against interference. 

Despite having this new modem, I am still affected by the interference issue. If anybody has a chance to exchange their modem to one of the newer batches, let me know if it resolves the interference issue for you.

Double_K
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@eddiethefunnyon wrote:

@gp-se I just exchanged my modem for one of the newer modems today.

There isn't a new batch of black modems. However, there are newer batches which have a black labeling on the outside which means that the modem has better shielding against interference. The modem however is still WHITE in color. 

There aren't any other changes to the newer batches other than having better shielding against interference. 

Despite having this new modem, I am still affected by the interference issue. If anybody has a chance to exchange their modem to one of the newer batches, let me know if it resolves the interference issue for you.

Can you post pictures?

What is the hardware version on the system info page?

gcw23
I'm Here A Lot

I had no issues getting proper speeds with my router.  The day it was installed I was getting 720/20 on the .13 firmware.  As soon as the modem updated to .19 it went south ever since.   Had the modem updated to .20 on Tuesday and the speeds were perfect, was getting 890/20 all afternoon.  Now for the last two days, terrible speeds.  Housemates were calling me at work tonight saying the internet was at a crawl. 

Connected straight to modem and the speeds are still garbage.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5962686970.png

speedtest7.jpg

I have rebooted.  I have factory reset.  Still garbage speeds

I've had gigabit installed for 9 days now and I've had good speeds for all of a couple hours.  Never had an issue with 250u. Can someone hasve a look at things for me.  @RogersDave?

@amd7674 wrote:

Your Asus RT-N66U is too slow to handle 1GB speeds.   I had to upgrade my n66u to Asus AC1900P (dula core CPU at 1.4Ghz) in order to handle 1GB speeds.    I'm puzzled how you were getting 890/20...  Perhaps run some tests without N66U in the picture.

@gcw23 wrote:

Received the .20 firmware this morning before heading to work.  Did a couple speed tests and everything seemed like it was fine.  Tried 4 or 5 servers and was getting around 890/20 which is a lot better than I was getting before around 300/2.  Came home from work and ran a couple more tests, and the speed is terrible again.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5959779331.png

speedtest6.jpg

Both were taken at 12:40am.    Currently running in bridge mode, connected to an Asus RT-N66U.