CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Nearly 2 weeks ago i upgraded my internet to the 1gb. The problem is that i am not getting my speeds and im paying for the price. Can i get serious help thanks.
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

@pacerdjl wrote:

Yes. I have seen the exact same thing. Numerous times. CODA-4582 firmware .24 2nd gen black dot. Modem in standard gateway mode. Happens with wired devices, as well as 2.4G tablet, laptop. Randomly, usually after a few hours of inactivity. Service usually resumes within about 10 seconds once device or webpage access is attempted a few times. No entries in DOCSIS Event log (and modem doesn't reboot – has been up for almost 4 days now with no speed degradation!!). Almost like modem having trouble finding the right IP match for the device; so... DHCP issue???

Also, perhaps related to this, saw the following in the event log today:

20 02/21/2017 11:44:30 68010300 error DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Question to everybody, is this a new thing that you have observed only on 2.0.10.24 or something that existed before and need to be adressed by Hitron?

It has never been reported before so I just want to ensure it is reported correctly.

Dave

@RogersDave I think this has been since .21 firmware, but I am not positive, since the main troubleshooting with .21 was the frequent speed degradation and need to constantly reboot. As others have said, it only seems to happen when the connection is inactive for some time.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Aduly1998 wrote:
Nearly 2 weeks ago i upgraded my internet to the 1gb. The problem is that i am not getting my speeds and im paying for the price. Can i get serious help thanks.

I know there's a lot in this thread, but if you can read through it (or at least the first couple pages and last 25 pages) you might see your problem already addressed here.

Specifically what problems are you having? Where are you speed testing? Can you share the results? When did you get your modem? Does it have a black dot by the power socket?

Please log into your control panel (192.168.100.1, username cusadmin, Wifi password as your password) and then post the system information (hardware, software items only) and DOCSIS WAN page (entire page).

I'm Here A Lot

The problem is my speed is not to what im paying for. Ive done several tests on speedtest.net and ive averaged around 200-400 mbps. I have a black dot on my modem beside the the mac addresses.
I'm Here A Lot

Hardware: 1A
Software: 2.0.10.13
Network Architect
Network Architect

@ghost1001 wrote:
I got this too! I was on .24, but got downgraded to .19. Looks like the message appeared after the downgrade.

I know some of you got downgraded back to 2.0.10.19. I'm really sorry for that. I pushed the upgrade to thousands of modems over the week-end and may have missed a batch in the exclusion list.

I have re-upgraded you and correctly added you to the list.

I also processed most trial firmware requests up to the ones received Sunday. I will handle the rest today.

Now, the firmware 2.0.10.24 is scheduled to go live in production today (unless something major comes up) with automatic upgrade on boot. Once this is done, all that will be needed is a reboot of the modem (or for a new modem to plug it in) to receive the latest firmware.

Dave

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Awesome, one step closer to IPV6 😉

I've Been Around

This is my third Hitron CODA 4582 in two days. Technical support switches on the guest network but as I cann not  connect to the guest network,  they ask me to change the Modem.

This is the third Modem and I still cannot connect. It is important for me.

I Plan to Stick Around

@praviingupta wrote:

This is my third Hitron CODA 4582 in two days. Technical support switches on the guest network but as I cann not  connect to the guest network,  they ask me to change the Modem.

This is the third Modem and I still cannot connect. It is important for me.

I dont belive Guest working at the moment. I had some family members over weekend and they were able to connect, but no internet.

I Plan to Stick Around

@TelekSo how is your internet doing so far? Any reboots and speed degradation or any other issues so far?

I am asking you because I know you have been complaining about the same issue I was having in DSLreports for quite some time.