CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Modified my Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1525 Wireless Network Adapter and got this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I Plan to Stick Around

@Telek wrote:

@Triple_Helix wrote:

Okay just upgraded to the Gigabit sevice so here are my first results!

Sweet, and good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Looks like you're not on DOCSIS3.1 yet.

Yea and they said they don't know when it will be enabled in North Oshawa.

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I Plan to Stick Around

I got this too! I was on .24, but got downgraded to .19. Looks like the message appeared after the downgrade.
I Plan to Stick Around

@joker2168 wrote:

@RogersDave wrote:

@pacerdjl wrote:

Yes. I have seen the exact same thing. Numerous times. CODA-4582 firmware .24 2nd gen black dot. Modem in standard gateway mode. Happens with wired devices, as well as 2.4G tablet, laptop. Randomly, usually after a few hours of inactivity. Service usually resumes within about 10 seconds once device or webpage access is attempted a few times. No entries in DOCSIS Event log (and modem doesn't reboot – has been up for almost 4 days now with no speed degradation!!). Almost like modem having trouble finding the right IP match for the device; so... DHCP issue???

Also, perhaps related to this, saw the following in the event log today:

20 02/21/2017 11:44:30 68010300 error DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Question to everybody, is this a new thing that you have observed only on 2.0.10.24 or something that existed before and need to be adressed by Hitron?

It has never been reported before so I just want to ensure it is reported correctly.

Dave

For me just with .24 I had started to see this.

@RogersDave  for me i have only noticed it on .24, but i wasn't on other versions very long.

It has happened a few times now, the computers are connected to the router, just no access to internet. Last time it happened, internet came back without rebooting, the first few i had to reboot. Always noticed it in themorning, after little or no activity during night.

If happens again, i'll try to get more info on this. Its always been mornings just before work, not much time to play with it.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave

I believe this has happened since version .21 firmware. Again, it only happens when the connection is inactive for some time.
I've Been Here Awhile

Got this modem today and having a few issues with it at first. Twitch.tv was rebuffering every 5-10 minutes. NHL game center froze twice during the first period of the Edmonton Flordia game. Had no issues prior to upgrading.

Is there a way I can get on the latest firmware?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@merms, @hen555, @ghost1001, @MegnaGaming, see the following post to request the latest firmware for the 4582:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/427...

That request will also place your modem on the trials list for future trial builds and on the exclusion list to prevent the firmware from rolling back due to the nightly or weekly firmware check that runs across the network. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink I did request (and was approved) several days ago. Still waiting on the updated firmware. I was told be a CSR via Twitter that they would expedite this because the problems are impacting how I make a living.

Still not on 0.24
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink wrote:

@merms, @hen555, @ghost1001, @MegnaGaming, see the following post to request the latest firmware for the 4582:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/427...

That request will also place your modem on the trials list for future trial builds and on the exclusion list to prevent the firmware from rolling back due to the nightly or weekly firmware check that runs across the network. 

Yea, I did that to get back on the beta program after I swapped modems for a new one. I'll PM them again and put an extra note to ensure that I'm on the exclusion list.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MegnaGaming, ok understand.  If that still isn't done, I'd call tech support or get back on twitter to have them push the firmware tonight.  Note, that this isn't normal ops for the CSRs to push trial firmware.  That is usually done thru @CommunityHelps and crew, or directly by Dave.  Also note that the request still has to go in thru @CommunityHelps to ensure that the modem is placed on the exclusion list, otherwise it will roll back during the night to the latest production version which is currently .19