CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 11

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RogersDave - Just to add, I had the same issue with .23 FW and still continue to have the issue with .24 whereby I am not able to access shared drives on WD NAS devices DS5100 / DS6100 and PR4100 all behave the same. 

 

Also, I prior that we should expect other Open Issues to be addressed in days to come, obviously ones the fires are out. It would benefit everyone to understand timelines.

 

Thanks,

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 9

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Thanks for that info @yyzsam. I recall suggestions early on in this CODA thread to not use port 1 so I haven't since. It seemed to make a difference. When I set up bridge mode, I just assumed that port 1 should be the one used. So if by going back to the other ports gives me back my old higher speeds, I will be content with that.

 

In any case, if this allows me to keep my modem, that would be best as well!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 207

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation


@RogersDave wrote:

@gp-se wrote:

@RogersDave got .24 a few hours ago, network is SLOW, so I checked my DOCSIS Logs: 


@gp-se, I just ran a remote test on your modem and can clearly see signs of interference at 591 MHz and possibly at 597 MHz.

 

For the geeks out there, this is really close to a quarter wavelength of WiFi channel 1 (2401-2423 MHz).

 

My best recommendation is to swap this modem whenever you have a chance.

 

Dave


Just to explain to the non geek a little further and to geek out a bit my self lol

 

Cable operates between 100MHz to 1000MHZ  area. so much ofthat range is with in a quarter to half wave legnth of the 2.4ghz spectrum.  The fact that most consumer routers sue quarter wave, quarter wave di pole or half wave antennas due to the form factor they need to achieve. this probably has a signifigant factor in the interference as well. 

 

Also the antenna placement on these access points is not optimal, again due totheformfactor they have to achieve so they actually generate some noise in the spectrum them selves, but typically this doesnt matter because it can still cover the average household so no one notices or cares untill something like interfering with your CM happens. 

 

Back a few yeats ago, i did an experiment and shielded a TPlink WR-1040D antennas from them selves so they dont cross talk, and essentially doubled the range of the unit, but it changed it from a omni directional unit to a directional due to the shielding. I was also able to reduce the transmit power by almost 60% and still gain better range and thus reducing noise signifigantly. 

 

Wireless is a cruel mistress sometimes. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 33

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

How does one know 3.1? Different colored lights of blue on upload and download.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 85

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Your upstream should be purple. Downstream should be cyan (kind of like light blue).

 

Or you could login to 192.168.0.1 and see the Docsic Wan page and it should have 4k FFT type enabled:

 

OFDM Downstream Overview

ReceiverFFT typeSubcarr 0 Frequency(MHz)PLC lockedNCP lockedMDC1 lockedPLC power(dBmv)
04K275600000YESYESYES4.500000
1NANANONONONA
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 207

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation


@prateeck7 wrote:

Your upstream should be purple. Downstream should be cyan (kind of like light blue).

 

Or you could login to 192.168.0.1 and see the Docsic Wan page and it should have 4k FFT type enabled:

 

OFDM Downstream Overview

ReceiverFFT typeSubcarr 0 Frequency(MHz)PLC lockedNCP lockedMDC1 lockedPLC power(dBmv)
04K275600000YESYESYES4.500000
1NANANONONONA


@prateeck7 wrote:

Your upstream should be purple. Downstream should be cyan (kind of like light blue).

 

Or you could login to 192.168.0.1 and see the Docsic Wan page and it should have 4k FFT type enabled:

 

OFDM Downstream Overview

ReceiverFFT typeSubcarr 0 Frequency(MHz)PLC lockedNCP lockedMDC1 lockedPLC power(dBmv)
04K275600000YESYESYES4.500000
1NANANONONONA

You have that inverted mate, Downstream will be purple and up will be blue if the user has DOCSIS 3.1 for downstream enabled. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 101

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation


@Bond007 wrote:

@RogersDave - Just to add, I had the same issue with .23 FW and still continue to have the issue with .24 whereby I am not able to access shared drives on WD NAS devices DS5100 / DS6100 and PR4100 all behave the same. 

 

Also, I prior that we should expect other Open Issues to be addressed in days to come, obviously ones the fires are out. It would benefit everyone to understand timelines.

 

Thanks,


@RogersDave - It would be nice to see a list of ALL open issues circulated, so we don't see the same issues raised. Ideally  a prioritized and dynamically maintained list accesible to all on the Trial program, since we effectively are all part of the Rogers "Stress Testing" team. It will also benefit the Rogers team, who are dilligently trying to resolve these problems coming at them faster then expected. We all like to help in a constructive way to get a timely and satisfactory resolution to the Gigabit roll-out and new Modem issues. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 207

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation


@rjmaxim wrote:

@Bond007 wrote:

@RogersDave - Just to add, I had the same issue with .23 FW and still continue to have the issue with .24 whereby I am not able to access shared drives on WD NAS devices DS5100 / DS6100 and PR4100 all behave the same. 

 

Also, I prior that we should expect other Open Issues to be addressed in days to come, obviously ones the fires are out. It would benefit everyone to understand timelines.

 

Thanks,


@RogersDave - It would be nice to see a list of ALL open issues circulated, so we don't see the same issues raised. Ideally  a prioritized and dynamically maintained list accesible to all on the Trial program, since we effectively are all part of the Rogers "Stress Testing" team. It will also benefit the Rogers team, who are dilligently trying to resolve these problems coming at them faster then expected. We all like to help in a constructive way to get a timely and satisfactory resolution to the Gigabit roll-out and new Modem issues. 


All currently open issues are in the first post, and it's updated when the status of the issues changes. The problem is no one ever reads or searched before posting unfortunitly. 

 

Side note @RogersDave Ive been rock solid for over 24h now. on .24

Highlighted
I'm a Regular
Posts: 902

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RogersDave can you please check and see if im getting any interference with my modem thanks

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 101

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation


@Jeffj wrote:

@rjmaxim wrote:

@Bond007 wrote:

@RogersDave - Just to add, I had the same issue with .23 FW and still continue to have the issue with .24 whereby I am not able to access shared drives on WD NAS devices DS5100 / DS6100 and PR4100 all behave the same. 

 

Also, I prior that we should expect other Open Issues to be addressed in days to come, obviously ones the fires are out. It would benefit everyone to understand timelines.

 

Thanks,


@RogersDave - It would be nice to see a list of ALL open issues circulated, so we don't see the same issues raised. Ideally  a prioritized and dynamically maintained list accesible to all on the Trial program, since we effectively are all part of the Rogers "Stress Testing" team. It will also benefit the Rogers team, who are dilligently trying to resolve these problems coming at them faster then expected. We all like to help in a constructive way to get a timely and satisfactory resolution to the Gigabit roll-out and new Modem issues. 


All currently open issues are in the first post, and it's updated when the status of the issues changes. The problem is no one ever reads or searched before posting unfortunitly. 

 

Side note @RogersDave Ive been rock solid for over 24h now. on .24


My bad...and appologies. No excuse...Just a latecomer to the forum. Appreciate the info.