CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

As I have previously indicated above, the Guest Wifi DHCP problem has been passed onto the engineering staff, who have  confirmed the issue.  So, the fix for this problem has been scheduled for a future release, but I don't know if that means that next firmware release.

I'm Here A Lot

This is 100% correct. The guest wifi access no longer works and it has been months without any fix in sight. I simply refuse providing Wifi at my home to any guests. I could setup another WAP on a dedicated VLAN on my switch that only allows external Internet access... but I'd prefer it if the Rogers router simply worked as it did previously.

The details are simple. When you connect to the Rogers Guest Wifi, you are presented with the Hitron login screen. When you enter the correct credentials, you are presented this error message directly from the Hitron web login screen

"ONLY ALLOW DHCP CLIENT TO USE WIRELESS"

So while the device in question has established IP connectivity to the Rogers Hitron Router, due to this error and inability to proceed beyond the guest Wifi authentication, your device will remain on the wifi connection but not allowed any internet access.

I have called into tech support at least twice. I can call in a 3rd time if anyone believes there will be any benefit. Maybe I should cancel my service and get sent to 3rd level escalation and tell them that I will stay if they fix this issue! Might get more traction taking that route!
I've Been Here Awhile

What have I tried? 

I researched every single forum and found out that too many people having same problem since 2017 with this CODA-4582 modem 

therefore, what's there to explain? what I have done ? lol  

Im just crying out loud, so rogers do acknowledge this issue. (Im pretty sure they already know by now)

People have been taking time to describe this issue on this thread/forum since 2017 april. 

What's the point of doing that over and over again? so you can help me out? hahaha

Your message implies that you've reported this before.  Give us a pointer to that report.

Note: none of this is to imply that your problem isn't real.  I've not encountered it but that's because I don't use the WiFi capability of the CODA.

I was just hoping that rogers can see my stupid comment so they do acknowlodge  

Its pretty much useless taking my time and effort to write a great 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I would not surprise to see so many CODA-4582 reported issues being unresolved until now, because of even in its latest firmware Hitron still uses the old dnsmasq 2.75 (released in July 2015),  instead of the currently available version, 2.80 released in October 2018.

While Hitron continues using dnsmasq 2.75 in its firmware for CODA-4582 (and possibly for other devices) nothing will change.  The earlier reported issues mentioned in this and other CODA-4582 topics will remain.

I Plan to Stick Around

Lagging badly during online games, web pages are slow to load and bufferbloat is abysmal. Hopefully sooner rather than later Roger's will just give up on this modem and put it out to pasture.

Hey @soundwave80!

Any form of latency can be incredibly trying to deal with to say the least. I'll be happy to assist and identify for you if the issue is network related. Can you PM me your MAC address? Also are you using your own router, and if so have you tested the connection wired directly to the modem with a single device?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

I'm Here A Lot

"As I have previously indicated above, the Guest Wifi DHCP problem has been passed onto the engineering staff, who have  confirmed the issue.  So, the fix for this problem has been scheduled for a future release, but I don't know if that means that next firmware release."

6 month checkin... has there been ANY progress at all with this problem?  Will this get fixed at all?