CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Really wish Rogers would offer a standalone modem, ideally nothing to do with Hitron.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Just staying away from the PUMA chipset would be enough for me -_-

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd be happy to get anything that doesn't drop packets like a sieve. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

@JohnyR, I can't be sure of easily of what happened during that 3 hour or downtime you experienced but I suspect it was a segmentation activation (when we break an area in half to increase capacity). 

Thanks for the detailed explanation Dave, always appreciated. Definitely looks like a segmentation since I've had numerous tickets submitted for nightly congestion (found that the upstream on the node was at 88.5% utilization). 

Do you have a ticket # I can reference for the maintenance you dispatched (thanks for doing that for me, btw).

I Plan to Stick Around

Just throwing a quick message out there --
**NAT Loopback not working for wired clients** has been fixed for a couple of months, actually a week or two prior to '2.0.10.26T2' which supposedly fixed it. Completely forgot to mention that. Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Inability to do factory reset without getting downgraded to a public-released firmware is terribly inconvenient. I had .27 and after several beta updates the modem had gotten extremely laggy and ping was all over the place. After the reset it went back to 26T but most of the issues have stabilized right away, which proves my point. Please look into an option of allowing beta testers to do a factory reset without backrolling the firmware.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Vikentieff wrote:

Inability to do factory reset without getting downgraded to a public-released firmware is terribly inconvenient. I had .27 and after several beta updates the modem had gotten extremely laggy and ping was all over the place. After the reset it went back to 26T but most of the issues have stabilized right away, which proves my point. Please look into an option of allowing beta testers to do a factory reset without rollbacking the firmware.

What is it that you were doing that needed a factory reset as opposed to just a reboot?  I think this is there as an emergency bail-out situation. The last thing we want is to be on a beta firmware, find out that it's not so great, then have to suffer with it.

Keep in mind that you can backup your settings and restore them at any point, which may give you the same benefit that you find with a factory reset.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Runnng a Factory Reset with trial firmware loaded in the past didn't result in a rollback.  There is probably a technical reason this time around as to why .27 wasn't protected when a Factory Reset was run.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink wrote:

Runnng a Factory Reset with trial firmware loaded in the past didn't result in a rollback.  There is probably a technical reason this time around as to why .27 wasn't protected when a Factory Reset was run.

Are you sure?

@RogersDave wrote:

If you are a trial participants, I will push 2.0.10.27 when it is available. The only difference for now is that if you perform a factory reset, you won't go back to .24, you will stay on 26T2 as this is the new baseline firmware. Dave

Factory resets have always rolled back to the latest public baseline from what I can remember.  This was the case with .24 and .26 while in beta as well.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ah, yes, I am positively, absolutely, 100% sure, after running numerous trial versions preceding .24 and .26.  It wasn't standard procedure to roll back to a previous version if a Factory Reset was run.  If a roll-back to a previous version happens, its due to some technical reason specific to the version in question.  If Dave decides to make that standard procedure, ok, it is what it is.  Until the recent change, my standard procedure was to run a Factory reset after a trial version was loaded, coming out of the reset and reboot with the trial version intact on the modem, so, yes, I'm sure.