CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suhaib10
I'm Here A Lot

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Received .27 today its been working great. Ping is better in the games I tested and I am finally able to remote play on my ps4 over internet. I did get a few disconnects from battle.net every few hours on previous firmware hasn't occurred yet but only tested like 3 hours , will continue testing.

On another note for some reason some devices that have a gigabit port(PS4, Sisters laptop) only show a green light(100M) on he modem vs the orange (1000M) although speeds are above 100M. doing a reboot and reconnecting sometimes brings up the orange one but after sometime reverts to green. With my laptop it works fine.

Telek
I Plan to Stick Around

@Suhaib10 wrote:

On another note for some reason some devices that have a gigabit port(PS4, Sisters laptop) only show a green light(100M) on he modem vs the orange (1000M) although speeds are above 100M. doing a reboot and reconnecting sometimes brings up the orange one but after sometime reverts to green. With my laptop it works fine.

What cables are you using and how long? What does the modem status page say for those ports?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Suhaib10 just to note, you're the second person to report an issue with port speeds and LED colours on the 4582 over the last two to three days.  My first reaction was that this was a possible port controller problem which would require a modem swap.  Now  I'm starting to wonder about that idea.  In the other case, only one port out of four would run at Gb/s rates, with the other three ports running at 10/100 Mb/s according to the LEDs, but, I don't know if a speedtest on those ports also confirmed the slower data rates thru those ports. 

RyzenFX
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Has anybody noticed on firmware 2.0.10.26T2/2.0.10.27 that their modem interface does not show an OFDM carrier active despite the downlink LED being light-blue which indicates a lock onto an OFDM carrier?

If anybody meets the criteria above, can they please run a speedtest on DSL Reports here and post what their downlink bufferbloat was?

I'm reading the feedback based on firmware 2.0.10.27 and I see a couple of people saying that their downlink had decreased,  I'm wondering if they're affected by the same issue. 

@Alex4161 @mozerd Do you fit the criteria above?

Alex4161

@RyzenFX @RogersDave

When I lose the OFDM channel, my speed for downloads is under 1 mb/s and my upload speed is not to bad.  The light still stays purple/light blue. 

RyzenFX

Hm... When it doesn't show that I'm not connected to the OFDM carrier my downlink speeds reduce to 600-800Mbps instead averaging under 1mb/s like in your case..

In my case, I'm not sure if my modem is connected to an OFDM carrier. I'm treating the issue I described above as an interface bug (i'm assuming I'm still connected to the OFDM carrier). However, I'm starting to believe this may not be the case. I'll see what I can do.

Suhaib10
I'm Here A Lot

@Telek Don't think its the cable I used Cat5e even tried 6 no luck. The Cat5e works fine with my laptop shows gigabit.

@Datalink I doubt its a physical issue since I'm pretty sure that it worked fine on .26. I'm only on 100u so speed test would be a bit useless. But even on the Green Led(100M) I still get above 100mbps speed( once got 170ish down).

Like on my PS4 if I reboot it during initial boot its orange but after a minute or so it switches to green.
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Suhaib10, if you take a device with a gigabit port that is known to be in good working condition, along with the ethernet cable, that is also known to be in good working condition, and you swap it to another port(s) where that modem port only shows 10/100 Mb/s (Green LED) then the conclusion has to be that the port controller isn't working properly for some reason.  You could run a factory reset, and/or change operating mode as in Gateway to Bridge or vice versa and check the ports.  If at the end of the day, that the factory reset didn't work, I would simply swap the modem at the nearest Rogers store.  I wouldn't fight with it.  Either it works as it should, or it's swapped out.  

The PS4 specs indicate a 10/100/1000 Mb/s port.  The laptop could have a 100 Mb/s port.  That wouldn't be unusual depending on the age of the laptop. 

Mythen
I Plan to Stick Around

I too had this issue where the coda would only recognize the 10/100 speed. So I went to my pc's network settings and forced the gigabit speed and the modem went to 1000m. Speed. Try doing that and see what happens
mozerd
I Plan to Stick Around

@RyzenFX, I have not observed the behaviour you describe

For me on the .27 firmware my throughput consistency for Download and my Latency number of 30ms is disappointing and apparently is my new normal for now -- based on numerous tests ---- so I am hoping for some further firmware tweaking.

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call