CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Just a heads-up that apparently there is a Rogers store system outage that is preventing the exchange of modems.

You would think this would be communicated to all Rogers tech support and customer service not to mention on this support forum...

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave - Just to clarify when refer to Open Issues I am making reference to the issues listed on the first page of this POST. If any other issue(s) I will be sure to provide an consolidated list.

At this time I would be nice to know timely for NAS connectivity issue via wifi as per my previous POST. Based on the POST acceasing shared drives via wifi is still an open issue and I am experiencing.

Let me know if you would like me to POST this any differently or require additional details.

Thanks,
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDavePlease update me to .24 as the tech swapped the modem in my house. I PM'd you with the MAC address. Thank you.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave

I tested the .24 firmware ( Latency buildup over time)

Joined a server with 62 ms, was stable for a few minutes, then it started to slowly build over time reached 74 ms at the end of the game, so still doing the same behavior unfortunately.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers tech support told me that I've been upgraded to docsis 3.1 as of today but in my DOCSWAN overview, under OFDM/OFDMA Overview, both channel 0 and 1 are disabled. Wouldn't one of these be enabled if I was on docsis 3.1?

Thank you

I Plan to Stick Around

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@RogersDave

I tested the .24 firmware ( Latency buildup over time)

Joined a server with 62 ms, was stable for a few minutes, then it started to slowly build over time reached 74 ms at the end of the game, so still doing the same behavior unfortunately.

62ms to 74ms isnt exactly a build up. It could have more to do with the servers load on the other end. Pings in an online session can be affected by others who have joined the session as well.  

The build up that I was experiencing and have not isnce was it get to the point where id be consistently stuck in 100+ pings with spikes to 400-500ms when to the CMTS.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes @traghipp one of those channels should be showin as enabled. You may need to do a hard reset of the modem for it to pick up the 3.1 change. The other possibility is that the Rogers tech had incorrect information.

Yes I am aware it's not a mega build up.

But my neighbor on bell can join the same server and his ping will stay a constant 28 ms for the whole hour until match end, but meand my friends on rogers our ping will fluctuate and experience a slow build up ( nothing huge) but usually 10-15 ms more ms at the end of the match vs when the match start.

Please note it's 5vs5 so no more players join, it can stay 62 ms for a few rounds and then over time it start to increase a bit until it usually reach 72-74 ms ( That's on Chicago or New york location of course)

I'm an Advisor

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

Yes I am aware it's not a mega build up.

But my neighbor on bell can join the same server and his ping will stay a constant 28 ms for the whole hour until match end, but meand my friends on rogers our ping will fluctuate and experience a slow build up ( nothing huge) but usually 10-15 ms more ms at the end of the match vs when the match start.

Please note it's 5vs5 so no more players join, it can stay 62 ms for a few rounds and then over time it start to increase a bit until it usually reach 72-74 ms ( That's on Chicago or New york location of course)

Am I correctly remembering from another post that you are in NB?

@VivienM

Yes I am in North-East NB