CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Network Architect
Network Architect

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RyzenFX wrote:

@RogersDave @Datalink What do you think of this? I think it makes sense, bufferbloat can be due to the speedboost feature and CMTS, but I'm really curious what both of your opinions are.

It is possible that is has an impact with some applications. If the application estimates the available speed and then uses that as a baseline for the rest of the connection, there could be negative impact.

There is however positive impact to speedboost when browsing as it makes pages a lot more responsive.

I will however "downgrade" my test package and redo some of the tests.

Dave

Network Architect
Network Architect

This morning, I pushed firware 2.0.10.26T2 to all trial participants.

If I missed your modem, it is because I don't have your latest information. Send me a PM with your new MAC address and I'll update my records accordingly.

As stated previously, we have update on boot enabled on the CODA-4582 which means that the configuration file that your modem downloads at boot include additional information where to download the production firmware (2.0.10.24). When I manually upgrade your modem, I set a flag to instruct your modem to ignore that configuration statement but a factory reset will clear that flag and your modem will be downgraded to production code.

If that happens, send me a PM and I'll repush the test firmware to your modem.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

This morning, I pushed firware 2.0.10.26T2 to all trial participants.

If I missed your modem, it is because I don't have your latest information. Send me a PM with your new MAC address and I'll update my records accordingly.

As stated previously, we have update on boot enabled on the CODA-4582 which means that the configuration file that your modem downloads at boot include additional information where to download the production firmware (2.0.10.24). When I manually upgrade your modem, I set a flag to instruct your modem to ignore that configuration statement but a factory reset will clear that flag and your modem will be downgraded to production code.

If that happens, send me a PM and I'll repush the test firmware to your modem.

Dave

Thanks Dave I got it!

Software Version2.0.10.26T2

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave

Are we making progress on the UPD issue?

I believe he's testing for bufferbloat that affects the modem on Internet Tiers below Ignite Gigabit which contain speedboost.

I think that the bufferbloat is way more than it should be on the CODA. I made a suspicion that the bufferbloat is causing the UDP issue. I'm pretty sure it affects upload aswell, which could be the reason why my upload speed is not as consistent when on the 3552.

@RogersDave

Can we a do a test Dave, can you turn off Speedboost on my modem? so I can test and see if I get better results in gaming?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

People that are experiencing issues with gigabit, do you guys happen to be on FTTH by any chance or coax cable?

I am on 250/20 (FTTH) and have been solid. I fear if I change my package to gigabit i could experience issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RyzenFX wrote:
I believe he's testing for bufferbloat that affects the modem on Internet Tiers below Ignite Gigabit which contain speedboost.

I think that the bufferbloat is way more than it should be on the CODA. I made a suspicion that the bufferbloat is causing the UDP issue. I'm pretty sure it affects upload aswell, which could be the reason why my upload speed is not as consistent when on the 3552.

As far as I'm aware Upload is not speedboosted at all only downstream.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Adva wrote:

People that are experiencing issues with gigabit, do you guys happen to be on FTTH by any chance or coax cable?

I am on 250/20 (FTTH) and have been solid. I fear if I change my package to gigabit i could experience issues.

Smiley Surprised you have FTTH?! Nice! In that case you're probably on a totally different system then we are, so gigabit shouldn't have any problems at all, no?

What modem do you have?  Is it the strange thing where the fibre is converted to coax in your house, then you just have a normal modem on that?

You're the first one on FTTH to speak to these forums, we are all on COAX.. 

What kind of modem do you have?