CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Thanks!  I think I know why you were having a hard time reaching my modem the first time.  My modem froze completely and when I rebooted, I noticed the downstream light was cyan (it was blue before it froze)...so looks like your first attempt at the firmware push coincided with Docsis 3.1 getting enabled!  Modem rebooted on its own shortly after I rebooted it myself, so looks like the firmware push worked.  I'm happy...I now have the new firmware AND D3.1 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂  Thanks again @RogersDave!

lyricidal
I've Been Around

I too would gladly give it a try as well. Should have some time to mess around this evening. Thank you!
kibosh
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @RogersDave, just got the revised .23.  It can't be coincidental that this enabled DOCSIS 3.1 for me either can it?!?!? Other people are reporting the same thing so did something else change in this version?

Thanks again! 

Kibosh

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

I dont know why my post is keep getting deleted .. 

I want to post that i am on .23 Revised FIrmware and getting good speeds with 4ms ping times .. 

Admin please at least DM if you delete my posts.. I am just trying to provide feedback to @RogersDave

Jeffj
I Plan to Stick Around

@toolcubed wrote:

@Thanks!  I think I know why you were having a hard time reaching my modem the first time.  My modem froze completely and when I rebooted, I noticed the downstream light was cyan (it was blue before it froze)...so looks like your first attempt at the firmware push coincided with Docsis 3.1 getting enabled!  Modem rebooted on its own shortly after I rebooted it myself, so looks like the firmware push worked.  I'm happy...I now have the new firmware AND D3.1 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂  Thanks again @RogersDave!

Jealous here

Bond007
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave - After the new .23 FW pushed the modem is not running on DOCSIS 3.1. Both upload and download light are blue and not purple.

Also, my ping time are high between 30 - 38ms and at time could be higher.

Any thoughts? 

Triple_Helix
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave one small bug to report and I'm not sure if others see this? .23 version 1 and .23 version 2 have the same issue for me? I don't make any changes but when I click on Device Reset it's always asking to save things?

2017-02-16_12-44-14.png

Hybrid_Noodle
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave while I am not running into the slowdown issue I am willing to test the new firmware. If you are limiting it to the individuals who have seen slowdowns I can wait until it gets released to the standard Beta participants.
Telek
I Plan to Stick Around

@Triple_Helix wrote:

@RogersDave one small bug to report and I'm not sure if others see this? .23 version 1 and .23 version 2 have the same issue for me? I don't make any changes but when I click on Device Reset it's always asking to save things?

I have that too, but it's because my browser auto-populates the password field, so when I switch over to that tab it thinks that I'm trying to change my password.  Happened on all firmware releases for me.

Telek
I Plan to Stick Around

@Bond007 wrote:

@RogersDave - After the new .23 FW pushed the modem is not running on DOCSIS 3.1. Both upload and download light are blue and not purple.

Also, my ping time are high between 30 - 38ms and at time could be higher.

Any thoughts? 

What site are you pinging that you are seeing 30-38ms? Or is that the speed test?