CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Just wanted to remind everyone of the following:

A small percentage of modems were subject to an issue that results in the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network having a negative impact on the overall speed.

A hardware fix was implemented.

New modems featuring the hardware enhancement to correct this issue will have a small, circular black sticker on the outer box next to the serial number/MAC information. The same black sticker is also place directly above the power connector on the back of the modem.

Make sure your modem has the hardware fix before troubleshooting speed issues.

This issue would not affect bridged modems.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is sending out some one to inspect their equipment on the Pole out behind my Flat today. They suspect my issues are somewhere out there so we will see. 

We did have a large ammount of rain followed by freezing temperatures, and this is about the time it started ot degrade. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is exactly at the state I'm at, every 6-12 hours I have to reboot the modem or else my internet is completely unusuable. What's the point of this service if we're going to be stuck with speed issues and reliability of connections in the 90s? 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I agree with you and we haven't gotten any update on what the progress is so far with the modem. We only have @RogersDave who can communicate to us on what is being fixed with the modem. Why can't we have another person who can communicate these same fixes instead of Dave? If he's busy get somebody from the network department to update the community so don't feel like we're left behind.

all we have is Dave so when he's not here we are in the complete darkness. cant' wait to see him again.

I've Been Here Awhile

I received the following reply from Dave via PM on January 27, 2017

Go ahead and reboot your modem. We have made a lot of progress this week with Hitron and Intel on this issue. Hopefully, I will have something in the form of a firmware fix

Dave mentioned a timeline that I won't post here, as I do not want to misrepresent anything he has said. Hopefully this gets dealt with soon, and Rogers should initiate some sort of compensation for this poor internet service. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to point out to everyone, there is no obligation on the part of any Rogers staff, beyond the moderators, to be present in the forum.  Dave's presence here is an absolute benefit to all of the internet users here in the forum, but, please don't take that for granted.  As much as it helps us, It also provides a conduit for him to gather information regarding modem and network performance issues that would otherwise take weeks or possibly months to gather.  The downside is the time that it takes from his primary responsibilities within the Network Engineering staff as he voluntarily assists users in the forum.  If you look around other forums you will see that the only staff on the forum are the moderators, so, we're fortunate to have Dave assisting us in more ways that we know of, but, please do not be demanding of his time.  When he can find the time to break away from his primary duties, he'll get back to us.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes absolutely - I'm going to give them a call...can't believe this service was brought ot market without appropriate testing. I've never had issues until going gigabit and it's been relentless since I moved to gigabit.

I agree that Dave is a blessing, but Rogers should hire another person and make him a focus to work with us on the forums with beta testing, at least until their current product is decent.

Right now there's a lot of issues/bugs that needs to be sorted out, so once their product is final , it won't be necessary, but until then we as users want to have a '' final product''  a product that work well.

Dave has no obligation and I cannot thank him enough, Rogers owe him a lot, he give us hopes, hopes that we never had before he came here.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jeffj

So another modem and different firmware versions, but the same issue. This points to something on Rogers side that is causing your problem. Also keep in mind Rogers is launching DOCSIS 3.1 on the network, this also could be causing issues.