CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@traghipp wrote:

I'm on the newest version of the Coda modem (with the black dot) with firmware .20. Yesterday my garage door openers and ring doorbell which are connected to the 2.4ghz lost their connection and required a modem reboot. This is the first time this has happened. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Thanks

Something is wrong with 2.4 on .20. With .13 I was having 100Mb speed on my computer upstairs (fixed location, N wificard with 100u plan), now I can barely hit 10Mb on rogers speedtest after updating to .20 (resets, reboots have been done). A similar degradation can be seen on 5 - used to hit 190 (for some weird reason), now it's never above 150 even up close to the modem (speedtest.net app with Galaxy S2 tab, same place, same everything). So yeah wifi performance has decreased considerably comparing to the original .13

edit: Another somewhat troubling issue, is that windows reports a speed of 90Mb (link between the modem and the client machine) on 2.4/N. Yet when a a speedtest is run on that very machine (rogers speedtest) the speed never goes above 5-8Mb down and 3-4 up. Shouldn't it utilize at least the speed the wifi link provides?

I thought most of the issue have been ironed out with .20 but after 4 days this modem is prooving to be a real bag of hurt even with the most simple tasks!

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, I'm sure I missed something but under what circumstances should we be replacing our CODA's with black-dot CODA's?

I Plan to Stick Around

Weekly Saturday morning internet speed test, 0940h on 21JAN:

* Coca-CODA Classic modem with Original Undotted Flavor:

* Firmware .19

* Still 4 of 32 channels missing in WAN binding

* Modem uptime 2 days

* Node was upgraded to DOCSIS 3.1 this week, apparently

* TEST1 Speed test results with solid and mostly stable graphs:

700Mbps down

33 Mbps up

7ms ping

1ms jitter

* TEST2 Speed test results with solid and very stable graphs with one dip on download

941Mbps down (bestest ever!!)

31 Mbps up

6ms ping

2ms jitter

So based on very little anecdotal evidence, the tests seem much better and more consistent now that the OFDM Downstream binding is in place (DOCSIS 3.1 infrastructure) so something at the head of my node was probably updated.

Once I get my Black Dot Special and get the last 4 channels back online I will probably have solid full tilt speed.

When I was in store getting my CODA I noticed that my account was provisioned only for 1000/30 so the upload speed makes sense, hopefully as the wrinkles work out I can be provisioned for the full 1000/50.

I'm Here A Lot

I can confirm that the Bridge mode does not work with TP-Link Archer C2600 router (but works with computer).

Will wait for the .21 firmware update

I'm an Advisor

@hoob wrote:

Once I get my Black Dot Special and get the last 4 channels back online I will probably have solid full tilt speed.

That would somewhat surprise me - I would think that if you have working D3.1, that's what would get used. Does anyone know if these things can load balance the OFDM channel along with the legacy D3.0 channels?!

(Then again, if it's not load balancing... why would it bother tuning D3.0 channels if it's going to be using 3.1... but what is the downside of tuning 3.0 channels that aren't used?)

BTW, ever since I was upgraded to D3.1, some of my 3.0 channels show up as 64QAM. Not sure if that matters...

I Plan to Stick Around

Can someone from Rogers confirm that all the currently issued modems with black dots are from the "tested" (as per Dave's post) bunch and thus are safe to be exchanged for?

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @Vikentieff,

As previously stated by @RogersDave, customers who already received their 'black dot' units, will not need to return them. As long as your CODA-4582 modem has the latest production firmware 2.0.10.19, you will not have to exchange it.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I'm a Regular

So are you saying all the new coda modem with black dots now come with the .19 firmware installed ? Mine came with 13 and just got mine on Tuesday
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@RogersCilio wrote:

Hello @Vikentieff,

As previously stated by @RogersDave, customers who already received their 'black dot' units, will not need to return them. As long as your CODA-4582 modem has the latest production firmware 2.0.10.19, you will not have to exchange it.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I was having speed problems on my Gigabit connection, blissfully unaware of all the dots / no dots flap. Tech support had me go in and get a new black dot modem today (21Jan2017) and got a CODA-4582 with the black dot. No improvement to speeds, still 160-180d/20-30u mbits. It has the .13 firmware:

Hardware Version1A
Software Version2.0.10.13
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey,

@lethalsniper No, there are some cases where customers are receiving modems with older versions. Those units will be automatically updated to the latest production version (2.0.10.19) within 48-72 hours. Unless you were previously registered as a trial participant, you may receive the 2.0.10.20 version.

@JJRRN As as mentioned above, it'll automatically update for you as well. If it doesn't, please reach out to us via @CommunityHelps and we'll be sure to get you on the latest production version.

RogersCilio