CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Is there anyway to set the time/timezone reported in the firmware?  It's always off.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Software Version 2.0.10.26T2 LAN Up Time 011 days 14h:03m:57s One thing for sure.. .26T2 fixed the reboot on it's own issue, I never went past 24h before and now look at it go!
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@JohnBeaudin I agree. It seems to have fixed the reboot issue. My modem has been up for 6 days and I haven't seen it suffer from any performance issues even with 15+ devices on my network. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It hasnt fixed it for me it seems. Just randomly rebooted this morning for no reason that I can see. I also upgraded to the 250u package. Still getting buffering on twitch streams. It's not the source as I seem to be the only one affected. Even watch a simple YouTube video buffers sometimes
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Mythen

Looks like you might be affected by high node congestion or maybe something else, but I doubt it's the modem firmware.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

with hardwire I can connect with VPN and have access to most of the servers and only few ones the connection gets failed, but with Wifi the VPN connection get stablished but I can not connect to any server on our companies net work.

I didn't have any issues with the previous old modem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@asns wrote:

with hardwire I can connect with VPN and have access to most of the servers and only few ones the connection gets failed, but with Wifi the VPN connection get stablished but I can not connect to any server on our companies net work.

I didn't have any issues with the previous old modem.

If you tether your laptop to your cellphone over WiFi, can you connect to your VPN that way?

Keep in mind, VPN software has to install drivers and bypass local adapters. It's possible that it's something on your end that works over wired by has a problem over WiFi. Hypothetically, at least, unless there's some bizarre firewall rules, either wired or wireless connection to the router should provide no difference in connectivity. 

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

Based on the feedback received (and I know there are still corner cases being worked on for some of you) the firmware 2.0.10.26T2 addresses multiple performance and stability related issues.

We have therefore made the decision to make this firmware the new baseline as of today.

What this means is that:

1. A factory reset will upgrade you or keep you on firmware 2.0.10.26T2 if the firmware was manually locked on your modem (trial firmware participants)

2. A modem reboot will upgrade firmware 2.0.10.24 to 2.0.10.26T2 for regular modems (all customers)

We are still working on completing finalizing firmware 2.0.10.27 for trial firmware participants which should be available later this week or next week. I will post release notes as soon as I have them.

Dave

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

Based on the feedback received (and I know there are still corner cases being worked on for some of you) the firmware 2.0.10.26T2 addresses multiple performance and stability related issues.

We have therefore made the decision to make this firmware the new baseline as of today.

What this means is that:

1. A factory reset will upgrade you or keep you on firmware 2.0.10.26T2 if the firmware was manually locked on your modem (trial firmware participants)

2. A modem reboot will upgrade firmware 2.0.10.24 to 2.0.10.26T2 for regular modems (all customers)

We are still working on completing finalizing firmware 2.0.10.27 for trial firmware participants which should be available later this week or next week. I will post release notes as soon as I have them.

Dave

So we trial firmware participants need to do a factory reset to get 2.0.10.27 when it comes out? Or do we need to do a factory reset in any case?

TIA,

Daniel 

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@RogersDave

Thanks For the update.

As a Firmware participants do I need to do anything ( factory reset?) or I just wait until .27 is deployed later this week and no action is required?