CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@toolcubed is your modem running DOCSIS 3.1 at the present time?  Just thinking, unless this is a noise issue for your area, the only way out would be switching to DOCSIS 3.1 or a node split which would take weeks if not months to accomplish. 

I'm a Regular

Yup, been running on DOCSIS 3.1 for a while. Is there any way to find out what work Rogers already performed on the node without calling in? I tried asking tech support a few times and they won't give me any specifics. I'm wondering if the node was already split because there were a few occasions in the past few months where several Rogers trucks were in the area pulling fibre and it appeared they even moved my coax line to a different tap (physically different green box) on the street. Would be good if someone here could provide some detail.
Network Architect
Network Architect

@toolcubed wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if a Rogers engineer (Dave?) could help me out with something.  Over the past week, I've been running some speed tests after noticing sluggish performance with my Internet practically every night after 8pm.  I had this problem a while ago and after reporting it to Rogers back then, they said the problem was with congestion/noise on the neighbourhood node, which was fixed at the time. 

Toolcubed, I just pulled detailed reports from your area and see a very large increase in utilization over the last month or so. You node has be tagged as requiring work on the upstream but I'm not privy on the date. It all depends on the extent of the work required (from a simple combined node split at the CMTS to a physical split in the street that requires construction permits, fibers and a lot of digging).

Dave

I'm a Regular

Thanks Dave 🙂 I really appreciate the info. Hopefully they'll complete the work soon.
I've Been Here Awhile

nothing has changed with the VPN settings and with previous modem I didn't have any issue with WiFi.
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there any news on when the tentative fix for the latency issue and disconnect issue will be changed and updated to a permanent fix? I am still experiencing atleast 2 complete disconnectes from the internet a day, and it is a complete hinerance on my abilities to conduct both business and personal activities that require remot connections and streaming
Network Architect
Network Architect

@WestPoint wrote:
Is there any news on when the tentative fix for the latency issue and disconnect issue will be changed and updated to a permanent fix? I am still experiencing atleast 2 complete disconnectes from the internet a day, and it is a complete hinerance on my abilities to conduct both business and personal activities that require remot connections and streaming

A "tentative fix" usually means that a change was made in the software to improve the situation but we do not have a guarantee that it fixed all the underlying issues.

I can however tell you that the CODA-4582 modems are far mode stable with firmware 2.0.10.26T2 than with 2.0.10.24. From what I can tell, you are not registered as a participant in the trial firmware program so you are currently using the latest production firmware.

I suggest you join the program (by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps with your modem MAC address and serial number) first. Once you have the latest firmware, I'll be able to look further into your issues.

Dave

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Good Morning @RogersDave, do you mind updating the first page with the latest status on the CODA? Last update was Feb. 16th.

I'm particularly interested in the UDP packet loss & latency status.

Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

@Double_K wrote:

Good Morning @RogersDave, do you mind updating the first page with the latest status on the CODA? Last update was Feb. 16th.

I'm particularly interested in the UDP packet loss & latency status.

Yes I will and it will be a good opportunity for everybody to chip in if anything has been missed.

Dave

I'm a Reliable Contributor

That's the spirit! 😉