CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@asns wrote:

Recently we have upgraded our Rogers modem to Hitron CODA-4582 and since then I am not able to access to our work place servers through WIFI, I use a VPN to connect to our company network but no website is accessible. Please advise

does hard wire ethernet work? or only WiFi is giving you troubles with VPN? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Windwalker wrote:

So I signed up for 1000/50 in June 2016.   Download speeds have been all over the place, but my uploads were always fairly consistent at around 50.

Lo and behold, as of yesterday I can't get over 30 UP.  Was my profile changed on the system?  WTH!

Also, I have noticed that speeds for Gigabit are infuenced by how current a computer and processor I am using.  I just set up an i5 third gen computer and ran the speed test without antivirus installed.  The rogers speedtest resulted in 945/50 prior to yesterdays upload change.  As well the download graph was flat with no spikes or dropouts.

DSL reports yelded similar results.

@RogersDaveare you looking at the impact of antivirus software on speeds in your testing?

Update:  Today the upload is back to 50 up. 

DSL Speed test:  940/50.6

Quality = A+

Bufferbloat = B

This is on the clean PC.  No antivirus.  Will follow up once I finish installing all my programs.

May have been congestion as @RyzenFX mentioned.  I did not get around to calling in.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Mythen From what I'm seeing the upload bufferbloat is really high. I get similar results as well and see that the bufferbloat peaks when the the upload speed peaks, and then the speed goes down. In your situation, the same thing can be seen b/c the upload speed hits a peak, but then drops down. 

Could there be some sort of accumulation of that causes this high bufferbloat? This is just one of the questions I'm thinking about which could be causing the problem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't get it honestly.  I am not running any programs that use much of any upload. 

Highlighted

Hi, I was wondering if a Rogers engineer (Dave?) could help me out with something.  Over the past week, I've been running some speed tests after noticing sluggish performance with my Internet practically every night after 8pm.  I had this problem a while ago and after reporting it to Rogers back then, they said the problem was with congestion/noise on the neighbourhood node, which was fixed at the time.  The problem went away but now it appears to be back.  I don't have any issues achieving a peak 200Mbps (and then sustained 130Mbps) on my 100/10 plan, but jitter sky rockets and upload speeds tank (usually around 5Mbps but sometimes even as low as 2Mbps) after 8pm.  Everything is perfectly fine throughout the day (i.e. non-peak hours) where jitter is low and upload is 11Mbps.  Again, the problems only seem to happen at night after peak hours.  Do I have to call in to report the problem?  I just really want to avoid going thru the same song and dance that I went thru last time where they sent 3 technicians to the house when it ended up being a problem with the node.  I know for certain it's not a problem inside my house...my cables are in top notch shape, my connectors were re-done by the last tech that came, and my signal levels are great.  It sounds like there's noise or congestion on the network somewhere (most likely the node again).  Thanks.

Highlighted

@toolcubed

It definitley sounds like upload congestion, my node is running high on the upload side and I'm seeing high jitter as well. You can definitley tell that it is upload congestion when your consistently hitting 130Mbps download, but your upload speed is low and your jitter is higher than your ping.

Maybe you can call Rogers and escalate to a Tier 2 support agent and ask if you can submit a ticket to clear congestion?

Highlighted

Thanks, I'll try that. Hopefully, they can escalate right away without wanting to send a tech to the house.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

When I am connected wired I can access most of the servers of our company through VPN, but still few of them are not accessible. but , with WIFI my VPN connection is established but I can't access any of the servers or even my work email.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@asns have you enabled any of the VPN passthrough settings at all?  This might be an issue for @RogersDave to have a look at.  Don't know why it would be different for wired vs wifi.  Just wondering if by any chance the VPN passthrough settings only apply to the wired, and not to the wifi path.  That would be rather strange, but, its a new modem, so, food for thought.....