CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Yes exactly. Says it's connected but won't load anything. Gives my device some weird IP address
Rogers Employee 4kgigabitguy
Rogers Employee

@Eaglzfan wrote:
Yes exactly. Says it's connected but won't load anything. Gives my device some weird IP address

Is both 2.4 & 5Ghz affected ?

4kgigabitguy

I Plan to Stick Around

@Double_K wrote:

There's a difference between a DHCP server (IPv4) and a DHCPv6 server (IPv6).

So, you could disable a DHCP server on your network, preventing clients from getting an IPv4 address, yet still have a DHCPv6 server operational.

Excellent, thank you for the explanation.

I was vaguely aware of the auto configuration options, and thought they were disabled, but upon closer inspection of the laptop I think you're right.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes both 2.4 and 5
Rogers Employee

@Eaglzfan wrote:
Yes both 2.4 and 5

Sign up for the rocket modem firmware trial.... When I got the beta firmware this issue went away

Let me know how it goes

4kgigabitguy

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok thank you. Where do I go to do that?
Rogers Employee

@Eaglzfan wrote:
Ok thank you. Where do I go to do that?

view the first post on this thread http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315...

I Plan to Stick Around

Got it. Thanks again for your time
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@4kgigabitguy @RogersDave @Datalink I just switched my CGNM-3552 back to the CODA-4582. I ran some test games of LoL, however it's packet loss is nowhere near the packet loss I averaged with the 3552; it's worse. I averaged  6.7 packets lost/min. However, I do have a suspicion that the CMTS is not communicating with the modem properly (i.e CMTS is not giving the modem enough upstream signal strength, which needs to be adjusted). 

Upstream Signal Strength:

Upstream Overview

Port IDFrequency (MHz)ModulationSignal strength (dBmV)Channel IDBandwidth
130596000ATDMA - 64QAM29.25016400000
238595785ATDMA - 64QAM33.25033200000
323700000ATDMA - 64QAM29.25026400000

I understand the upstream signal strength looks normal for this modem because it uses less signal strength, but like I said above, although the modem is interpreting that the signal strength is fine, there needs to be adjustments at the CMTS level.

4582_speedtest.png

high_jitter.pngDespite both modems being on DOCSIS 3.0 upstream, the upload graph varies for both modems. Why does it show a constant upload speed graph for the 3552 than on the 4582? There's definitley something wrong here with the CODA-4582, or CMTS. 

@4kgigabitguy What are your upstream signal strengths? I would like to compare yours to mine. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RyzenFX my upload levels are at 26.250 currently, and I've seen them as low at 25.500 

I still manage to get 30-40mb/s upload speeds during off peak hours, so the signal level being "low" shouldn't be an issue. The CMTS provides only the required power level for the connection, so if the levels are low it should be fine because the CMTS determines that level is all that is required.