CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

BTW, I'm located at Heartland, Mississauga.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you so much for .24 firmware! I can now download @ around 80% of max downstream ~700Mb/s+ without causing ping spikes to over 300ms! CMTS latency jumps from 8-9ms to around 30ms while downloading whereas with previous firmwares it would cause packet loss and spikes to over 300ms when downstream is above ~300Mb/s.

Edit: spoke too soon, it's back to the old spikey behaviour again when downloading Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave  Dave - I'm still unable to get any of my wired devices to connect including my VOIP. Also, I'm now missing channel 20 with a black dot CODA - can you tell me if this is a fluke or requires a modem replacement? Also, Can you do me a favour and put me back on .19 so i can see if that resolves this ethernet issue?

Thank you.

Jason

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can you enable VPN on a CODA-4582 modem?

Network Architect
Network Architect

@jjunge wrote:

@RogersDave  Dave - I'm still unable to get any of my wired devices to connect including my VOIP. Also, I'm now missing channel 20 with a black dot CODA - can you tell me if this is a fluke or requires a modem replacement? Also, Can you do me a favour and put me back on .19 so i can see if that resolves this ethernet issue?

Thank you.

Jason

Your channel running at 573 MHz seems to be impacted. I would therefore recommend a replacement.

I will roll back .19 for you.

Network Architect
Network Architect

@mikeepolmic wrote:

Firmware .19 - STILL having to reboot every 4-6 hours as I lose internet connection, both wired and wireless ... by the way, do these specs look right?

Your modem is completely out of spec and will require a technician's visit to address this.

Regarding the need for reboot every 4-6 hours, the new firmware might greatly help with that. To join the trial, send a private message to @CommunityHelps and make sure to include your modem MAC address and serial number.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

@Hwaiting wrote:

Received .24 and for the first I'm seeing missing channels on my original non-black dot CODA.  Did a soft reboot and still missing.  I guess it's time to swap mine?

I just ran an interference test on your modem and yes it should be replaced.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Just came back from swapping.  I do see all channels now like before.  It's still on .13 out of the box so I'll check it again once it updates to .24.  Thanks again.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave .19 brought ethernet connections back to life - there must be a bug. I will swap modems some time this weekend.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Hwaiting wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply.  Just came back from swapping.  I do see all channels now like before.  It's still on .13 out of the box so I'll check it again once it updates to .24.  Thanks again.

@don't forget to send a message to @CommunityHelps with your updated MAC address and serial number.

I Plan to Stick Around

@ChadhaR wrote:

Can you enable VPN on a CODA-4582 modem?

Best to start a new thread for this question.

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.