CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RyzenFX wrote:

VivienM wrote:

I believe they were working on a way to update new gateways' firmware immediately after their connection to the network, but we haven't heard anything about any progress on that...

Apprently they found another bug with IPv6 on the CODA-4582. Haven't heard what the progress was, but apparently they're working on a work around that needs validation from the security team at Rogers.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

So basically, new bugs get discovered every day/week with the 4582, and meanwhile, another group at Rogers is doing a big campaign to get people to swap their 3552s. Sounds like we're going to be having a busy couple of weeks on this forum!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

.23 does not include any fix for the udp latency so you won't see any difference in gaming.

If they indeed release a fix in march for the CGN3ACMR, it's likely the same fix will be pushed for the CODA as well.

I'm a Regular

Yea but with more stable speeds.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Decision is yours but going to a D3.0 Modem while you can stay on D3.1 , remember D3.1 will be deployed Downstream and upstream by the end of the year. CODA seems to the the best for now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

Decision is yours but going to a D3.0 Modem while you can stay on D3.1 , remember D3.1 will be deployed Downstream and upstream by the end of the year. CODA seems to the the best for now.

That would be my view too. D3.1 is the future; D3.0 is the past. That should mean that most efforts will be focused on the 4582 and D3.1 CMTS equipment...

Does anyone know what Rogers is doing with the 3552s that are being returned? I believe only gigabit and maybe a few 250 subscribers ever got them. Are they now being given out to customers on the lower-speed tiers? Or is the 3552 just going to vanish in a world that will be CGN3/CGN3ACSMR/CODA4582 and will probably go down to under 32 D3.0 channels within a year?

I'm a Regular

Look at my last images I posted here look at the jitter and high latency and that's on coda 3.1 .23 firmware

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What's the difference between D3 and D3.1? Does it affect gaming?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I Wish Rogers would give us this:

http://www.technicolor.com/en/solutions-services/connected-home/broadband-devices/cable-modems-gatew...

It uses a Broadcom Chipset. 

I've Been Around

This what i got with Ignite 250 Mbps after i changed my  modem to Coda- 4582, after several times rebooting, BTY this is the third modem i am changing, after so many times troubleshooting. please see attachment.

Thank you Rogers you are the best.

Ignite 250 Mbps.png