CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

The modems that don't have the UDP issues are no longer in productions.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RyzenFX what ping do you play on usually? are you from Toronto. I'm always hovering around 42-55 with the CODA

The coda 4582 inherited the same UDP issues as the CGN3 serries unfortunately, that's why they pushed it in the first place they thought it would be a way to get rid of the latency issues.. but instead we have a new modem with the same latency issues + other bugs to fix.

and weeks of silence now, I hope Dave will gave good news when he returns to us, but I don't have high hopes I think we're in for a bad time Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@crazyshot wrote:

@JohnBeaudin do the other modems Rogers offers have latency issues? I am down to switch cause at this point I don't even care anymore. 

Rogers only has the CODA-4582 (Puma 7) and the CGN3 family (CGN-3552, CGN3, CGN3ACR, CGN3ACSMR) (Puma 6). And some older 8-channel D3.0 gateways that probably can't be activated on most in-market plans anymore.

The Puma 6 have well-documented latency issues; there's a partial fix for ICMP in the latest trial firmware. Just ask Google - there has been tons of analysis recently done by Americans with standalone Arris modems, but it's the same fundamental Puma 6 bug.

Really, Rogers has been burned MUCH, MUCH more than other cable operators by this Puma 6 issue, since they've been issuing nothing but Puma 6s for 3.5+ years. The U.S. cable companies have much, much, much more Broadcom/Puma 5/etc 8-channel hardware in the field...

My sense was that the 4582 was better for latency (at least if you have D3.1), but maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention.

I Plan to Stick Around

its been abit any update on reenabling the ipv6 yet?

I am still on D3.0 I can confirm it's the exact same thing as my CGN3ACMR.

Maybe when upgraded to D3.1 I will see an improvement, once my area is updated I will be able to confirm this.

Hope you're right!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@arrago wrote:

its been abit any update on reenabling the ipv6 yet?

As @RogersDave explained it, the problem with the IPv6 is that it's broken in .13... and so the problem is that they want to avoid that brokenness if someone gets a new 4582 and it has .13 and won't get updated for 1-2 days or so.

I believe they were working on a way to update new gateways' firmware immediately after their connection to the network, but we haven't heard anything about any progress on that...

@crazyshot wrote:

@RyzenFX what ping do you play on usually? are you from Toronto. I'm always hovering around 42-55 with the CODA

When I had the CGN3ACSMR I averaged 26-29 ping. Now with the CODA, my ping has always been fluctuating; I get anywhere from 28-60ms.

@VivienM wrote:

I believe they were working on a way to update new gateways' firmware immediately after their connection to the network, but we haven't heard anything about any progress on that...

Apprently they found another bug with IPv6 on the CODA-4582. Haven't heard what the progress was, but apparently they're working on a work around that needs validation from the security team at Rogers.

I'm a Regular

I will probably go back to the acsmr once the new firmware is released in March which its suppose to fix udp latency , because really I'm with the coda .23 firmware and nothing special when it comes to gaming.