CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@JohnBeaudin I would not really expect to see him for a while still. Chances are he is still working closely with Hitron but keeping an eye on the forum check on user experience/issues.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've seen my internet speeds slow to a crawl on this modem lately. I got this device ad the beginning of January. Last week or two, seen speeds decrease at time randomly down to 1Mbps on my gigabit connection. A modem reset solves this but its a little ridiculous that i would have to do a modem reset every coule of days. Is there a solution to this?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same here, on gigabit...my down speeds are 6Mbps and my up speeds are 40Mbps. Rebooting the modem brings my down speeds back up to around 700Mbps. Firmware is .19. Don't get why I need to reboot every 2 days or so.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's no consolation I'm sure, but I have to reboot at least every 6 hours ...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Grabbed a black dot modem today, and cut and recrimped the RG6 coming into my flat. 

Wish me luck? lol

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My issue from before has returned. The black dot CODA only seems to have fixed the problem for a day or so before things went down hill again.

TODAY, after getting increasingly bad for around 7 minutes, the connection just fizzled out completely around 3:55 for maybe 75-80 minutes. (see attached)

I've had two techs over, neither found fault with anything inside the house after switching all of the connectors and the splitter. Neither actually tested the connection on their laptop though.

This is beyond frustrating, and I'm growing very tired of paying for a connection that I can't use. I need some reassurance that these problems will be resolved at some point very soon.

Lastly, my most recent problems seem to coincide w/ DOCSIS 3.1 going (partially?) live in my neighbourhood. I had 0 issued w/ the non-dot modem before the cyan light showed up and the management panel stating that I now had an OFDM downstream.

2017-02-06_16-35-49_PingPlotter.png

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So this is weird. After a week and a half of speeds decreasing after 6-7 hours - the last 25 hours has been... normal. No changes that I can see. Just 24 hours of what it should be.

I don't get it. Not complaining that I don't have to do a reboot every 6 hours. Just thought I'd put my experience out there.

.23 firmware. Black dot. No 3.1.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Jeffj wrote:

Grabbed a black dot modem today, and cut and recrimped the RG6 coming into my flat. 

Wish me luck? lol

Welp, this did nothing for me. Woke up to 10 Mbps down and 4 up.

on .13 firmware still.

It has to be a rogers issue outside somewhere.  The RG6 is not split or anything here. it comes right through the wall from outside to my modem. Nothing in the house to be a problem. 

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Jeffj

My suggestion would be to call Rogers and ask them to check your signal levels and compare it with the levels of others in your area.  If they feel that the signal levels are out of spec or suspect, they will suggest a technician to come over and check things out.  Make a note of when you experienced the issues and when the problem is resolved afterwards as you can ask for a credit if the issue deals with a signal problem.

I would also suggest that if you have Rogers TV services that you check to see if you have any TV issues.  

Lastly, depending on what firmware you are on the CODA modem, I would turn off the 2.4 Ghz and do a factory reset on the modem.  That should help to ensure that you are getting the fastest speeds.  Prior to doing that, I would suggest you log into the modem and capture the signal levels in the current state, and then after turning off 2.4 Ghz a a factory reset.  Chances are that you might see improvements in the levels which would indicate a modem problem and not a signal issue. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Alex4161 wrote:

@Jeffj

My suggestion would be to call Rogers and ask them to check your signal levels and compare it with the levels of others in your area.  If they feel that the signal levels are out of spec or suspect, they will suggest a technician to come over and check things out.  Make a note of when you experienced the issues and when the problem is resolved afterwards as you can ask for a credit if the issue deals with a signal problem.

I would also suggest that if you have Rogers TV services that you check to see if you have any TV issues.  

Lastly, depending on what firmware you are on the CODA modem, I would turn off the 2.4 Ghz and do a factory reset on the modem.  That should help to ensure that you are getting the fastest speeds.  Prior to doing that, I would suggest you log into the modem and capture the signal levels in the current state, and then after turning off 2.4 Ghz a a factory reset.  Chances are that you might see improvements in the levels which would indicate a modem problem and not a signal issue. 

I've already spoken to rogers they see the signal issue and suggested a modem change first. 

2.4 is off i never use the gateway function on any rogers hardware, and the modem is in a seperate room from my Accesspoint. 

It's looking like an infrastructure issue outside at this point as there is nothing for a tech to replace in my house aside fro mthe line coming in, which is the outside infrastructure.