CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephKitty
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@arrago wrote:

you think we will get native ipv6 again soon?

@arrago From what i've heard, looks like something messed up the native IPV6 in firmware 2.0.10.13 so they've disabled it for the time being.   The problem HAS been fixed in firmware 2.0.10.19 but since people are still getting the upgraded modem at firmware 2.0.10.13, they decided to wait. Once all CODA-4582 modems have been updated to the latest confirmed firmware, they can finally enable native IPV6 on our routers.

When that will be, who knows.  Last update I saw from @RogersDave was about a month ago, and it was noted on the very first post that they were working on something within a couple of weeks.  

bfanek
I'm Here A Lot

@Datalink

Thank you kindly for your reply.

I'm using the black dot version, and 2.4Ghz is already shut down as i'm using it in Bridge mode.

I'm not connected to a VPN, and on the 1gbit plan. I will definitely swap it with one of those modems if available and hopefully have these issues resolved.

cheers

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, the only question is whether or not there is any restriction for gigibit plans that ony allows the CODA-4582.  The CGNM-3552 is the next candidate for that plan but again, what restrictions are there, if any?  The Rogers store staff should be able to answer that. 

Can you log into the modem, navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into a post, just to see where the signal levels are?  That copy and paste process will paste in the text data from the tables.  If the modem and router are close together, even with the additional shielding over the Docsis Tuner, I would run an experiment, and that is to shut down the 2.4 Ghz on the router and then reboot the modem to see what impact if any that the router wifi might have on the modem.

arrago
I Plan to Stick Around

my signals have been great since the black dot version

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@StephKitty wrote:

@gp-se Thanks for the help.  I didn't realize that I was missing so many of these channels.  A Rogers tech came over about an hour ago to swap out the modem and make sure my signals were okay.

I now have the Black Dot version of the modem from Rogers which seems to have fixed the issue so far.  One thing I did notice though is that my firmware is only 2.0.10.13 and has not been updated to the latest firmware it should be on which i believe is 2.0.10.19.  Not a huge deal I guess since it's working so far, i'll just wait for it to be pushed to the latest firmware eventually.  

I'm glad the modem swap fixed the issue, after 24-48 hours you'll be on the latest firmware (.19-public, .23-beta)

timfolkins
I Plan to Stick Around

Annnnnd... like clockwork on .23 less than 6 hours after a reboot the previously stable signal strength jumps up to +10's. and download speed goes in the crapper.

Pppplllllllleeease put me back to .19... or pop in with some sort of update.

This is ugly.

I will add that this was after a factory reset as well.

lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

Don't worry your not the only guy with your signal levels rising since firmwares update Also on .23
Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok.. So i have narrowed down the issue and found out my speeds are back to 900Mbps down / 40mbps UP between 1.30AM - 8.30AM everyday !!! 

So when i run Speed test at 1.30AM - 8.30AM every day, my speeds are back to 900mbps/40mbps up while rest of the hours its stuck at 400Mbps .. 

Is this due to Network Congestion ? My area is still  on DOCSIS 3.0 

Alex4161
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Mayoo

I would suggest that you call Rogers Support and open a ticket. They can contact their Network group to monitor the issue and make the necessary changes. I had a packet loss/performance issue last month and after a few weeks the ticket was closed and I no longer experience this problem.
lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

@Datalinkso my modem just rebooted on its own once again so after It came back on I logged in to modem and I noticed the WAN Time was reseted but it's showing modem LAN time has been on for 1 day and 1 hr

Updated modem just rebooted again this time wan and Lan time is the same , wonder if theres any work being done

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out

B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded

MIMO Event MIMO: Stored

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

DHCP FAILED

those are just some of error codes i,m getting