Brutal latency/ping Recently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Brutal latency/ping Recently

@mrq1  ???? No - The post directly says what the tech diagnosed and it a localized issue, I just need them to actually complete the work order......... ???? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@xdCanuck Cambridge here. and I'm still experiencing the bad latency and packet loss. Wasn't aware that the Kitchener/Waterloo area has been having the same issue. good to know though that it isn't just me lol

I Plan to Stick Around

@t27c So it actually cleared up for me last night for a few hours around 9PM. Was able to play until 11 without issue. Back to this morning and it's nigh unusable. So something is definitely messed up with their infrastructure. If you notice the same then let me know. At this point I don't think contacting Rogers again is worthwhile because they just keep giving me the runaround. Techie or chat rep helps me out, escalates a ticket then whomever is evaluating these tickets slaps it with a "No issue found".

I guess it's patience until I decide to switch to Bell.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

better in the last 24h , true.

https://ibb.co/X2PHf4Z 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It started happening again. I'm cancelling my account. I'm out.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So today rogers came and re-installed the lines from the pole to the house claiming the previous tech did not install it correctly. Well everything seems to be stable now.... I am getting much better speeds and the ping is stable maxing out at only 50ms in the last 6 hours..... Maybe the issue for others really could be localized to the line from your house. I have had rogers for quite some time now and this speed and ping problem only started recently so I was skeptical that the line outside was the issue. But again all is well and connection is stable. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Pretty bad here in North York. I highly doubt I can work from home tomorrow.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@xdCanuck

Yes I have been. Usually it lasts about a week and then it clears up. But the other day it was bad until around 9ish (as you said) and then the next day it was unusable. Last night same thing, completely unusable
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been with Rogers for literally a decade and finally decided to move to Bell. All they did was say to wait for a technician they could not provide me with anything within less than 7 days and even then they say if I wasn't home they'll just cancel my service order to have stuff fixed.

Truly horrible. I am using my hotspot right now and when my phone hotspot is working better than my internet. Something is wrong.

For some reason where's tons of posts regarding this issue and I see nothing being addressed. It's a large scale issue folks. Go and fix it ASAP.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ultimately, my biggest issue is the lack of transparency. I can tolerate a week of hiccups if they're honest. Anyway, it seems to have cleared up this morning; knock on wood. Started getting better again last night, woke up today and I haven't had any issues. Fingers crossed. I just hope if this happens again they'll be more honest with their customers.