Internet Keeps Dropping

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikmoss04
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Internet Keeps Dropping

My cuts out 2 or three times a day. We have to unplug and replug. Rogers wont fix without a visit fee which we have paid before. Doesn't matter how much I pay it does not get fixed.

carolynfs
I Plan to Stick Around

After numerous calls for technical support and visits from technicians during the last several months, all of which could find nothing wrong, and all of whom recommended different solutions, I finally relocated my home office to the room with the modem and connected directly to the modem with an ethernet cable.  That seemed to resolve the internet dropping problem except when the computer restarted or "woke up"; then I would have to wait a minute or two for the internet to be available.  Then yesterday, something changed; internet is now immediately available when the computer wakes up, and download is between 25% to 100% faster than before.  I didn't change anything, and I hope that this continues.  If I have time, I may test whether wi-fi has become reliable again. 

doctor80
I Plan to Stick Around

Whoever has CODA 4582 and had his OFDMA disabled, do you have lower speed test results?

I used to measure ~ 450-480 speed on 300/20 package.

Now for at least 10 days I measure 215 the most. I measure by directly connecting laptop to modem in DMARC point

Does it mean that it is the impact of OFDMA being disabled? But it does not make sense, since OFDA was upstream, and downstream should not have been impacted.

Please let me know.

88dalejrfan
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually the opposite for me, @doctor80. Before OFDMA was disabled, I'd consistently get 300/15 on a wired connection and about 230/15 on a wireless connection. Since OFDMA was disabled, I'm getting over 400/15 on both wired and wireless. 

Also, disabling OFDMA was definitely the fix for my issues... no noticeable drops on PingPlotter and smooth video calls/gaming in the last two weeks. 

doctor80
I Plan to Stick Around

@88delajrfan - this is interesting!
WorldIRC123
I Plan to Stick Around

Internet has been solid since OFDMA was shut off for me. No drops that we've noticed.  14.5 days since I last rebooted the modem. 

doctor80
I Plan to Stick Around

Do you guys know if I factory reset the CODA modem, will it remain OFDMA disabled?
toolcubed
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Since OFDMA was disabled on Rogers’ end, I’m pretty sure it will remain disabled until Rogers decides to enable it again, regardless of what you do with your modem.

For me, I don’t ever remember having OFDMA enabled. I was consistently clocking 300/16 on my 150/15 plan. As of last Thursday (exactly one week ago), I now clock 425/16 consistently.
ablatt
I Plan to Stick Around

If you factory reset, it will re-enable for a brief time - perhaps even a day or so - but will eventually be disabled again, if it was disabled and Rogers wants it disabled in your area.

JohnGM
I Plan to Stick Around

My internet very stable since OFDMA disabled over a week now with zero issues. Finally ! My download / upload not changed as far as I can tell, hovers around 200/15. I wish they would have implemented this solution months ago. Would have saved so much time, resourced and frustration