Brutal latency/ping Recently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swifty00
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Brutal latency/ping Recently

mrdiu
I've Been Here Awhile

Using Hitron 4582U, hard wired. Within the last 2 weeks, Overwatch has been unplayable. Going into the game, I'm sitting at 45ms, then it constantly bumps up to 115ms, and goes down to 45. Happens so frequently, I can hear the gun shots going off when I click, but then its actually not shooting, I have to click the mouse a second time. Quite annoying. After dropping rank in Overwatch, only yesterday, I began to tether my phones internet to play games, and thank god it's not with Rogers. Zero issues whatsoever when tethered, but I should not need to use my cells data as a workaround.
mrdiu
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm in Mississauga Heartland.
Willy223
I've Been Here Awhile

in brampton! queen and hansen area. can't play any video games cause of bad ping and packet loss for quite some time now

BigJay1
I'm Here A Lot

In Brampton as well....Bovaird/Torbram, as I reported earlier on, since last week, I am not so much basing my results on pings as I am not a game player....BUT, The wild spikes in speed is crazy....950 Mbps one second, 10 the next...

Buffering issues with Youtube, watching CNN live, whatever...its very very unstable.  I actually have Bell Fibe TV, and with that comes free internet now.....I am actually using that for some of my devices until Rogers gets their act together on this one.  The SECOND FTTH is available in my area...."nowhere in sight unfortunately"  I am outta here..

sbenninger
I Plan to Stick Around

My kids have informed me that no lag spikes in Overwatch or other online games today so that is a positive. My smokepings are very clean as well.

My DSLReports speed tests are down in speed ~650/27 but A's across the board for a change. Had trouble completing the tests since the 23rd. Before the issues started i was ~940/29.5 (QOS to prevent buffer bloat) and A+. Rogers Speedtest also down in speed to the same as the DSLreports test. 

For now I will take the lower speed if it means the connection is stable. Rogers is either going through upgrades or having capacity issues i would think.

Mikec_81
I'm Here A Lot

I just had another spike just now clearing some heroic visions in World of Warcraft.  Erindale area in Mississauga.  Ship has already sailed for me, ordering another service.  We'll see how tonight's raid goes.

mrdiu
I've Been Here Awhile

I just checked this out, I got an F for BufferBloat and A for Quality.

sbenninger
I Plan to Stick Around

@mrdiu Did you get your full speed that you are supposed to get? If you are using the rogers supplied gateway and getting you full upload speed you will always have bufferbloat as once you max your upload out your latency will also increase due to the nature of asynchronous communications. Using a router that you can limit the upload to a value slightly lower than max upload (in my case 29.5Mbps as I am *supposed* to get 30Mbps) will improve your buffer bloat greatly.

herrshaun
I Plan to Stick Around

@sbenninger And if "just get a router" isn't an option?