cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps disconnecting

Pguy
I plan to stick around

I tried unplugging modem and 3rd party router.

This problem seems to happen more frequently. I am now entering the info into my phone (notes) - time/day of disconnection and duration.

It went down Tuesday and now today. I don't recall how long it was out last time. Maybe 30 min or 1 hr total?

I also use a wifi Smart TV.

It has reconnected a few times only to drop 5 mins (estimate) later. Sometimes the speed is normal but often, the connection is at a much lower speed suggesting a problem.

I am wondering if there's an issue.

*Added Labels*

1,031 REPLIES 1,031

Re: Internet Keeps Dropping

doctor80
I plan to stick around

@Datalink 

1. CODA-4582 (7.x.x.xx) Removed/Privacy
2. Yes

CODA-4582

Yes

CODA-4582

Yes

(1st post here, having the same issue as everyone)

murphy16
I've been here awhile

Yup. These threads tend to have lots of pile on, but the symptoms folks are describing (and I am experiencing) all seem to point to some systematic issue which Rogers refuses to acknowledge or know how to troubleshoot. Solutions seem to involve pushing the problem down the road (let's try another modem or we'll send another tech out) and haven't resolved things. Recommending Ignite as a solution is shocking since it implies the service I literally signed up for a year ago is flawed. 

Given residential internet is more critical than ever with WFH, the response to the internet flapping issues is really disappointing (to put it nicely).

alfajina
I plan to stick around

1. Coda 4582U

2. Yes

The last technician I had was over 48 hours ago, who was the one who told me my OFDMA would be disabled.
It still has not been disabled, even after I rebooted the modem a few times.
I will try to call a manager and see if this is actually happening.

EDIT: Got to speak to a technical manager who said he hasn't even heard of OFDMA, and has no way to disable it, as well as there is no escalated ticket on my account, and can't help me. Not sure where to go from here.

88dalejrfan
I plan to stick around

That is so disappointing, @alfajina, but so typical.

One person: "X will fix your problem and it'll be solved by the end of the week!"

Another person: "Wait, I've never heard of X. And you don't even have a ticket." 

I've gone through this cycle more times than I can count now. 

doctor80
I plan to stick around

At least I'm happy that rogers finally acknowledged something that I was telling them since October.

CODA 4582 is not suitable to perform with DOCSIS 3.1

I suppose that this will mean we'll get free upgrade to XB6 Technicolor, and not have the OFDM disabled.

I believe that this is the least they can do to regain our satisfaction and trust!

sarahxiaoxu
I've been here awhile

WHERE do we all group up and all jump to Bell to have our money do the talking and voices heard? They won't care as long as we are still paying them. 😂

Dodo7
I've been here awhile
I just switched from CODA-4582U to CGN3U. No more DOCSIS 3.1 or OFDMA issues to worry about !

doctor80
I plan to stick around

@Dodo7 Which speed are you at? Does this modem support 300/20?

augmentium
I plan to stick around
@Dodo7

Is this for Ignite only?

SM567
I've been here awhile
This seems to be my issue too. The internet drops have become a nuisance during work hours. Did you finally get a solution or is switching out of Rogers the only option?

SM567
I've been here awhile
Hi there,

My internet connection continues to drop st least once a day in Brampton. To be honest of all the internet providers, Rogers seems to be the worst.

Reached out to customer support and they acknowledged that there seems to be an issue from backend and requested to get back with a fix. I received a message few days later that they were not able to identify the problem and that I should call them again if I experience the issue. I called back in after experiencing drops for a full week. The team sent a technician who could only look st things outside of the house because of covid. The tech informed that something wrong was fixed. Guess how the connection has been since the guy fixed it 8 hours ago? I have had to reset the router 8 times already. The drops in the internet have Increases in frequency.

Reading so many such issues by other customers, it feels this is definitely an issue Rogers is not able to identify or address. Is switching out of Rogers the only fix to this? Please advise fellow members who have had this issue. Thanks.

ViRichmondHill
I plan to stick around

I am also experiencing daily drops in the internet lasting for about 5-8 min, I live in Richmond Hill. During the disconnect I run the command "ping -t 8.8.8.8" and I can see how the connection keeps getting lost and comes back and then 20sec later gets lost again for about 5-8min. It happens 1-5 times per day, EVERY DAY.

I have 1000Mbit Rogers services with CODA-4582U modem in bridge mode and Ausu RT-AX86U router. I already had a technician came in, modem changed, router changed - nothing helped. When I call in to get help from Rogers support they keep telling me that everything looks OK from their side.

I work from home and was already told by my employer that they might terminate my job because they believe "I am not as available as I should be when I am working from home and because I sometimes leave important meetings in the middle".

I am very very frustrated.

augmentium
I plan to stick around
@ViRichmondHill

That’s terrible. I would be switching to Bell if my job depended on it. Why can’t your employer work with you to remedy this?

ViRichmondHill
I plan to stick around

I am dealing with disconnects since October. At first, my employer was understanding, but it has been 4 months and no progress and somehow other employees with Rogers internet do not have the same issue.

In my neighborhood, Bell has a maximum 100Mbit service and with Rogers, I have 1000Mbit, so that is why the switch is not such an easy decision.

carolynfs
I plan to stick around

Is there any way that you can connect your computer to the Rogers modem via ethernet cable.  I had a problem with the internet dropping for months and tried many suggested solutions, but none worked.  Finally I moved my laptop next to the modem and connected it directly to the modem via ethernet cable with wi-fi turned off on my computer.  I have a 1 or 2 minute delay connecting to the internet when my computer is turned on or "woken" after being asleep, but no unanticipated drops.  Hope this helps.   

carolynfs
I plan to stick around

Try to connect directly via ethernet cable; that fixed my problem except for momentary delays connecting to the internet when my computer is "woken up" or turned on.

jmarshall13
I plan to stick around

Seems like the issue is the White Hitron modem based on replies. I'm thinking of just forking over the extra money at this point to upgrade to the XB6 modem because once again I had a technician come out and tell me there's nothing wrong with my internet and then leave. I thought about switching to Bell but what they offer in comparison is not great. I currently have 1Gbps download and Bell only offers 50 Mbps download where I live in Mississauga so thats a no go. 

Has anybody had or heard of similar issues with the XB6 modem being offered in the new Ignite bundle?

PizzaBear
I plan to stick around

just experienced disconnect at 7:05 pm tonight

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
Well well well. Never thought I’d see this in my neighbourhood. Bell is FINALLY installing FTTH! A couple of days ago, a few guys were in the area spray painting lines on sidewalks, streets, and city property grass. A bunch of tiny flags were also put in the ground all over the place to mark water and gas lines. And there are spools of orange conduit (with many smaller conduits inside) with “Bell Canada” printed on the side. Countdown to my final days (well, months to be accurate lol) with copper (Rogers) begin now!