Internet keeps disconnecting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffreyadams
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Internet Keeps Dropping

This is exactly what's happening with us. Do the lights on the modem change or are they solid white when it's down? For us, the lights don't change.
Flufflet
I've Been Here Awhile

I have to keep manually unplugging the hub for about 30 seconds.
carolynfs
I Plan to Stick Around

Can you connect your computer directly to the modem via ethernet cable?  That appears to have solved my issue.

sh_tavassoli
I've Been Around

This video helped me resolve the issue.

https://youtu.be/q4Ym8n1hjxo

Basically check downstream and upstream signal power values after logging into your Rogers router. If the values are near or outside the optimal ranges then look for any splitter used in your cabling and remove them or ask Rogers to install an cable signal amplifier for you.

Smols
I've Been Here Awhile

Whats the issue? 

T3 time-out; issues all from the modem logs

PDUBZ
I've Been Around

The new Ignite boxes seem to take up alot of power so if you are in an old house with old breaker panel and old wiring then it won't work properly, as it seems (landlord recently changed us to 100AMP from a 60 AMP, but didn't fix the issues...wiring needs to be changed over as well apparently. I'm in a 100+ year old house in Barrie, Allandale area, and my window AC unit always drops out when it's hot as downstairs neighbour's have a few AC units running constantly....when the AC drops out in our unit, the internet cuts out as well..but everything else (minus refrigeration and microwave) works perfectly fine, and our lights flicker as well..more than frustrating, and also makes me wonder why a single modem needs so much power lol!!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@PDUBZ wrote:  ...makes me wonder why a single modem needs so much power lol!!!!

I can't imagine the modem using more than say 5-10W.  The IgniteTV STBs probably only use 5W or less.  I suggest you look elsewhere for the source of your problem.  Perhaps try plugging the problem equipment into a different circuit in your home. You may need an extension cord for that test.

You can test the power draw of various devices using a Watt Meter. Sometimes you can borrow one from a friend or local library.

ClinicalRes
I've Been Around

Did this get resolved? I'm having the EXACT same issue for the past 5 weeks and Roger's has been useless in resolving my problem. I've had two tech come on site, I've upgraded from Legacy to ignite and even had my hardware changed out. Nothing is working...
j2k99
I've Been Here Awhile

It seems that my internet signal periodically drops throughout the day for about 10 seconds and then connects again. I notice this via my ignite tv. Tv signal blacks out for about 10 seconds or so then comes in again. I get a message that I’m
Experiencing connection issues and to check modem connections are tight. I’ve had two Rogers tech guys come today and the second time he changed my modem to the new ignite WiFi gateway gen 2. So far it’s happened once where the signal drops for a short period then comes in again but it does disconnects everyone at hom on WiFi. Any ideas on what’s causing this?
aayushrivastava
I've Been Around

Exactly same problem. 3-4 resets done but the problem continues for me. Any solutions??