cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbearable Latency Issues

Xemnar
I've been here awhile
Recently, maybe in the past 3 or 4 weeks I've had unbearable Latency Issues in games and VoIP calls. It doesn't affect any specific game and it's even calls that cut out intermittently and catch up a second later.

Latency in games hovers around 80ms and jumps up to 140-250ms intermittently. I've been on wifi for over a year with no issues and suddenly this is the same with every device in the home.

Rogers techs were here yesterday and adjusted something outside with no success, and even replaced the modem. They said they were unable to do anything else and that everything else looked fine.

I've run a couple different speed tests and get about 20ms idle latency and 150-300ms loaded/download latency.

This all started about a month ago and it's starting to drive me nuts so I'm hoping I can find some help here.
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Unbearable Latency Issues

sm02
I've been around

Also from Markham here (16/Kennedy). I've noticed this issue from May or earlier this year via Fido home internet and it's been a lingering pain this whole year. I work from home through a virtual machine. This is disrupting my work and the activities outside of work. It worsened to the point I reached out to support since August, and I've had a constant 2 technician visits each month since then. I've only tried the support chat for assistance, so every time, it's been a closed loop cycle: send technician, technician finds nothing wrong in the house, technician checks neighbourhood connections, technicians said he'll submit a ticket and give it two weeks, which is why it's been 2 techs monthly.

I recently switched from Fido to Rogers in hopes that it would somehow get around whatever the issue is. It's still ongoing and I'm about to nope out while I can still avoid paying for the cancellation.

If there's a solution, or even an ETA, that would be great. If I have to pay a higher rate for an ISP that can relieve almost a year of frustrations, I'll do that.

Please help me i have same latency isssue whike playing games any game or doing voip calls tech already been to my home hw said there was a problem he has to fix some wires but nothing fixed i am expirencing this problem tried calling rogers no luck send them email no luck every time i call rogers there techncial stuff is so unprofessional they just keep saying restsrt your router unpkug everything plese help i am with rogers from last 3  4 years if its not fixed i have to move to telus

teamlloyd
I plan to stick around
you should definitely switch providers if there is another isp in your area. going on a year now with the same issue and nothing has been fixed.

Greetings @Amammmwmww ,

A warm welcome to our community and thanks for posting about your latency issue. I'm sure it must be difficult to get through a gaming session when this type of thing is happening. We really appreciate your business, and hopefully, we can help pinpoint the issue and find you a solution!

Is this all happening while using a direct, Ethernet connection? When you have some time, please send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can have a closer look into this for you. 

May I also recommend following these steps to run a ping and traceroute and possibly post those results here in the community? It will help us get closer to the root cause and possibly help rule out other possible factors. 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats