New Ignite TV Self Install

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whatever20
I've Been Around

Re: New Ignite TV Self Install

So tonight I talked to someone in the chat about switching to Ignite from my current services, and they told me I had to do it myself online. Okay, no problem. However, 2 things are absolutely baffling me that I'd love an answer to:
1) why, after being a Rogers customer for years, did I have to let them do a credit check to switch from one service to another? That's incredibly stupid.
2) why am I paying a $30 "installation" fee for them to deliver the new equipment for ME to install myself? Especially when they won't even take away the old equipment?
Absolutely ridiculous. Rogers is the WORST company.

toolcubed
I'm a Reliable Contributor

You shouldn’t have to do either. File a complaint with the CCTS, and also file a complaint thru the Rogers website using “share a concern” under “contact us.” In the complaint, tell them you want your concern escalated to a manager. I agree...both things you mentioned are ridiculous. The 2nd thing is just price gouging, plain and simple. I would not pay it.

Side note - I’ve been hearing rumours that a lot of people have been going to the CCTS lately re recent Rogers practices. It’s going to be interesting to see what the complaint numbers look like for Rogers. I’ll bet it’s not going to look too good for Joe “I’m going to obsess over customer service” Natale.
ReneHache
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm getting Ignite TV tomorrow (self install, migrate from Digital TV), I already install the Ignite wifi app on my phone, But I've been wondering for tomorrow, do I need to keep my old wifi on until the new wifi is fully configured? I read on a guide that you need to login with your My Rogers account, but I won't be able to login if I need to remove the old wifi before installing the new one.

Does the new wifi gateway modem have a temporary wizard wifi you can use to setup your permanent wifi like on the Rocket Modem or most other modem/routers?
I wish the're were a detailed video or guide I can check before doing the install tomorrow, all the guide I already check online don't have enough information.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ReneHache wrote:

I'm getting Ignite TV tomorrow (self install, migrate from Digital TV), I already install the Ignite wifi app on my phone, But I've been wondering for tomorrow, do I need to keep my old wifi on until the new wifi is fully configured? I read on a guide that you need to login with your My Rogers account, but I won't be able to login if I need to remove the old wifi before installing the new one.

Does the new wifi gateway modem have a temporary wizard wifi you can use to setup your permanent wifi like on the Rocket Modem or most other modem/routers?

Yes, the initial default Wi-Fi SSID and passphrase are printed on the bottom of the Ignite WiFi Gateway modem.  If you have a computer with an Ethernet (or Wi-Fi) connection, you can also perform the initial setup using a web browser.

I wish the're were a detailed video or guide I can check before doing the install tomorrow, all the guide I already check online don't have enough information.

There is!  Check out: Install your Ignite WiFi modem, network name and password and How to Install Your Ignite TV Box and Pair Your Voice Remote

The self-install video assumes that you have a mobile phone with data, so you may have to pre-configure WiFi on your Ignite gateway using a web browser.  To install Ignite WiFi Pods , you will still need to use the Ignite WiFi Hub mobile app and your mobile device must also have Bluetooth enabled.

You can also find additional tutorials on the Rogers Canada YouTube channel.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ReneHache
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV is now installed ad work great. But, when I login into my Rogers account, the old TV/Internet account number is gone (it's normal) But, I still see the old TV and Internet box at the bottom of the page and when I click on them, it's still my old package information, I didn't received the new account number for Ignite TV, and there's no option to Flex channels.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ReneHache wrote:

Ignite TV is now installed ad work great. But, when I login into my Rogers account, the old TV/Internet account number is gone (it's normal) But, I still see the old TV and Internet box at the bottom of the page and when I click on them, it's still my old package information, I didn't received the new account number for Ignite TV, and there's no option to Flex channels.

That's strange that your new Ignite services did not get added to MyRogers account.  Rogers should have also provided your with a confirmation email (containing the new account number) when your ordered Ignite.

If you can't track down the new account number, you can send a PM to @CommunityHelps and ask them for assistance.  They should be able to get this issue fixed quickly.

ReneHache
I Plan to Stick Around

I received the confirmation email, but the account number only show the last 4 digits mark has XXXX-XXXX-1234 (example).

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ReneHache wrote:

I received the confirmation email, but the account number only show the last 4 digits mark has XXXX-XXXX-1234 (example).

My apologies.  Thanks!  I just checked my confirmation emails and saw the same.  I didn't get an account number that could be linked to MyRogers until they sent me my first bill.  However, everything was also set up for me correctly right from the start.

Hopefully Rogers will be able get this fixed for you soon.

ReneHache
I Plan to Stick Around

I can now confirmed, everything seen have been corrected when I received my bill last week, it seen that IgniteTV is now merged/added with my cellphones account, now I have only one account for everything, so only 1 bill per months instead of 2. 🙂