Enable Guest Mode on Ignite TV Modem/Router

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Enable Guest Mode on Ignite TV Modem/Router

How to enable guest mode on new rogers Ignite TV modem/router?

**Labels Added**

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Enable Guest Mode on Ignite TV Modem/Router

Might need a little more information on your exact setup.

Do you have just the Modem, modem + pods, modem + eero modules, etc.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have just the modem
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, but which modem? 
There are quite a few different models in used by rogers, depending on your plans, and it can vary from one to another.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jj59  Unfortunately, the XB6 does not currently allow you to set up a secondary Wi-Fi Guest Network with a separate password for visitors.  The only workaround that I can think of is to purchase an inexpensive router or access point for this purpose.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thanks for the clarification. I hope someone from Rogers is reading this who can pass my disappointment along. I find it absolutely shocking that a guest network is not available on the router. I just got set up last night and I couldn't believe it when I saw it was missing. I have NEVER seen a router (ISP provided or not) without this option. It is completely unacceptable to me. Now I have to purchase another router just to keep guests off my main network segment where my home devices are. Rogers, please fix this ASAP.

Highlighted

Greetings and welcome to our Community @DBP!

Yes, you can be sure that we read every single post that's posted here on our Community Forums and we report on trends as they occur.

Your feedback has been heard and you're not the only one. Thank you for sharing!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there a way to track feature requests from users? That would be a great addition to this forum. And even better if there was a status update from Rogers too.
Highlighted

Hello @jj59,

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome! Is there a specific request you are referring to? 

Just need a little bit more info to assist you :).

RogersZia

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just switched to Ignite Wifi. Could someone advise on the procedure how to set up a guest Wifi in Ignite Wifi where my guests can connect to and use a different Wifi password than the host Wifi? Thanks.