Enable Guest Mode on Ignite TV Modem/Router

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
intcountzero
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Enable Guest Mode on Ignite TV Modem/Router

Does the rogers gateway XB6 modem have the ability to create a guest network? There is an option on the app to categorize devices, but it does essentially nothing.

I wish to assign it a different SSID, UN and PW. Is this possible? How if so?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@intcountzero : Your post was probably moved to this existing thread on the topic. It is not possible as outlined in earlier posts.

randomthoughts2
I'm Here A Lot

Still very disappointed that there is no guest network available with a different SSID/Password on Ignite, when there is on regular Rogers.

jj59
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope you can’t do this yet.
all4
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi
After a year still Rogers could not realized that this option is needed on the Modem/Router!?
jj59
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Enable Guest Mode on Ignite Modem/Router

Yep, my building just got bell pure fibre. Seriously considering switching for that 1.5Gb speed. At least they offer a system that does what people want plus guest mode for when we can have guests again.
Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I doubt Rogers has any control over it. It would be Comcast that makes this decision. Rogers bought the Comcast product and Comcast does all the updates and makes the design decisions. Rogers can request features, but word is that Comcast is VERY difficult to deal with.
jj59
I Plan to Stick Around

Well sounds like someone made a stupid business decision and it’s going to start costing them customers.
Bplayer
I'm a Senior Contributor

It's been like this for years now, so it is not "going to start costing" them anything. Comcast had a practical strategy for it, but did not follow through. Rogers inherited this limitation and will be unlikely to change it on their own.

Those who must have a Guest Mode can install a secondary router. Not a make or break situation.

jj59
I Plan to Stick Around

It’s not as simple as that as there are many configurations not supported by Rogers so if you don’t have the technical knowhow or just want a simple setup and it should work than Rogers is not for you.